This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maher Kasabji

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am General dentist 20+ years in practice.
I have a very well established practice for many years
Why is it so hard to find a partner or associate to transition to so I can finally slow down and transition myself to retirement ?
I thought many times to just shut the door and call it a quit but morally it is so hard to Abandon my patients whom I helped for many years and are relying on me
Any idea where I can look and find that enthusiastic young dentist who will carry on and continue with the journey ?
I am located in Connecticut not sure if other state dentist experiencing the same issues
 
Partnerships are often hard for 2 reasons - dentists don’t want to sell 50% today and want to “feel it out” and second, there really is no space for 2 dentists in a 5 op practice.
So here’s the deal - do you have at least 7 ops and are you collecting more than 1.5M?

If not…there’s really no room or need for a partner.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am General dentist 20+ years in practice.
I have a very well established practice for many years
Why is it so hard to find a partner or associate to transition to so I can finally slow down and transition myself to retirement ?
I thought many times to just shut the door and call it a quit but morally it is so hard to Abandon my patients whom I helped for many years and are relying on me
Any idea where I can look and find that enthusiastic young dentist who will carry on and continue with the journey ?
I am located in Connecticut not sure if other state dentist experiencing the same issues
dental town is probably better than here