This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maher Kasabji

Reaction score
I am General dentist 20+ years in practice.
I have a very well established practice for many years
Why is it so hard to find a partner or associate to transition to so I can finally slow down and transition myself to retirement ?
I thought many times to just shut the door and call it a quit but morally it is so hard to Abandon my patients whom I helped for many years and are relying on me
Any idea where I can look and find that enthusiastic young dentist who will carry on and continue with the journey ?
I am located in Connecticut not sure if other state dentist experiencing the same issues

Members don't see this ad.

I am an associate in Bay Area looking for similar opportunity here but unable to find.

Partnerships are often hard for 2 reasons - dentists don’t want to sell 50% today and want to “feel it out” and second, there really is no space for 2 dentists in a 5 op practice.
So here’s the deal - do you have at least 7 ops and are you collecting more than 1.5M?

If not…there’s really no room or need for a partner.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I’d much rather parter into a big office than buy a solo but finding a large office to buy into is really hard and so much has to line up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I am General dentist 20+ years in practice.
I have a very well established practice for many years
Why is it so hard to find a partner or associate to transition to so I can finally slow down and transition myself to retirement ?
I thought many times to just shut the door and call it a quit but morally it is so hard to Abandon my patients whom I helped for many years and are relying on me
Any idea where I can look and find that enthusiastic young dentist who will carry on and continue with the journey ?
I am located in Connecticut not sure if other state dentist experiencing the same issues
dental town is probably better than here

Reactions: 1 user