You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Looking for a good iphone/ipod medical drug app
Started by jjohnson623
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Medscape. It takes up some space, but it's pretty good, not to mention free.
Lexicomp. Nothing beats it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LEXI-COMPPPP. Get student pricing. It's a great deal.
I would recommend a new app called iHomeMD Pro. This is a standalone (meaning no internet connection necessary) drug reference app. What is unique about iHomeMD Pro is that it allows you to do direct searches for drugs to treat medical conditions. This may sound funny, but I find that not many apps actually have this practical function.
I would recommend a new app called iHomeMD Pro. This is a standalone (meaning no internet connection necessary) drug reference app. What is unique about iHomeMD Pro is that it allows you to do direct searches for drugs to treat medical conditions. This may sound funny, but I find that not many apps actually have this practical function.
Medscape allows you to do this also and its free. I think Epocrates might but I don't really like it due to errors that I have found within it.
Micromedex (pure drug information) > Medscape >>> Epocrates
I hear Lexi-comp is really good and you can get Harrison's medical dictionary with it.
I have been using epocrates essentials for a while now with absolutely no problems, they have an array of useful apps within the essentials as for drugs, drug-interactions, symptoms, diagnosis, and calculation tables. Use the apps that best suit your setting.
Medscape is actually a portal app for WedMD's website. It is obviously a very comprehensive app. I have used it for quite some time. However, I find myself using iHomeMD Pro more often since my "discovery" of the app. iHomeMD Pro is more concise and gives more practical information. For example, if you search a common disease, Strep Throat. iHomeMD Pro serves up a list of drugs to treat the condition. On the other hand, Medscape serves up a comprehensive description of the disease, including methods of treatment. You actually need to be connected in order to retrieve these information from WedMD's website. So for practical purpose on daily usage, iHomeMD Pro could be a more useful tool.
Medscape is actually a portal app for WedMD's website. It is obviously a very comprehensive app. I have used it for quite some time. However, I find myself using iHomeMD Pro more often since my "discovery" of the app. iHomeMD Pro is more concise and gives more practical information. For example, if you search a common disease, Strep Throat. iHomeMD Pro serves up a list of drugs to treat the condition. On the other hand, Medscape serves up a comprehensive description of the disease, including methods of treatment. You actually need to be connected in order to retrieve these information from WedMD's website. So for practical purpose on daily usage, iHomeMD Pro could be a more useful tool.
That's wrong because I use Medscape most often even without internet connection on my rotations. You can search by disease states with subsequent treatments listed thereafter.
I have been using epocrates essentials for a while now with absolutely no problems, they have an array of useful apps within the essentials as for drugs, drug-interactions, symptoms, diagnosis, and calculation tables. Use the apps that best suit your setting.
It does have some pretty impressive apps but I'm not sure about the reliability of some of the information actually given by them. One of the many errors that I've looked up was the standard vanco trough. It was still giving me an archaic trough of 5-10 which is almost "never used." Actually, I've never ever seen it used but then again I am still very young so I hate to say never.
If I do have to use epocrates - it is to cross reference something.
from free apps i like Epocrates... the new design is very user friendly.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 42
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 523