Looking for a new job

Started by kimchee323
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kimchee323

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a recent grad and am now working for CVS as a FT floater. I've only been in this position for 3 months and already BURNT OUT. The workload is ridiculous and I feel anxious just thinking about work. I'm currently looking for another retail position but no luck so far. What's the best approach to finding a job as a pharmacist in another retail pharmacy?
 
wow you sound exactly like me after 6 months of being with a chain...and that was last year. its been two months since i got out and i have to say i am so happy! no more work-related anxiety, my chest has NEVER felt tight during work now, as it did before at a chain.
to be honest, its hard to find another position at a very desirable area. you should use your network and be willing to move if you really cant stand cvs anymore. if youre still okay for doing it a little longer, just apply everywhere. gibe yourself at least 6 months.
 
I'm a recent grad and am now working for CVS as a FT floater. I've only been in this position for 3 months and already BURNT OUT. The workload is ridiculous and I feel anxious just thinking about work. I'm currently looking for another retail position but no luck so far. What's the best approach to finding a job as a pharmacist in another retail pharmacy?

Are you working in the tri-state area or surrounding region? I wouldn't be surprised if you were as the conditions are pretty atrocious according to recent graduates. I am not sure going to another retail job makes your life any easier . . . Wags is just as evil as CVS.

My advice is to try getting licensed in an undesirable state ... but you have to consider if it's worth it to uproot your lifestyle just for a job that might not be THAT much better. It's not good for retail pharmacists - hang in there kimchee jigae.