Looking for a qualified Oncology Clinical Pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Brooke Army Medical Center, located in San Antonio, TX is looking to hire an additional clinical oncology pharmacist (GS13). It is a federal government position with all of the associated benefits. The open position is located within the hematology oncology pharmacy.

The selected individual will work as a direct health care provider in a hybrid outpatient/inpatient setting. Duties include providing a full scope of healthcare services for patients with both acute and chronic illnesses and conditions covering the entire spectrum of medicine. Based on agreed procedures, the incumbent sees patients, takes histories, performs physical examinations, orders laboratory tests, treats illnesses, and refers as appropriate to specialty/subspecialty care. Participates in daily rounds (Bone Marrow Transplant and Hematology/Oncology teams) to monitor and review drug therapy for rational indications, dosing, adverse drug reactions, drug interactions, I.V. incompatibilities and complications of multiple drug therapies. Prepares, compounds, and dispenses prescriptions according to professional and military standards.

Our clinical pharmacists are credentialed and privileged providers, practicing at the top of the pharmacist license. We are a progressive group aimed at further refining the clinical pharmacist role within hematology oncology.

If this sounds like something you're interested in, please send me a PM. I am not an HR staff member and all hiring actions are directed through USAJOBS<dot>gov .

Successful applicant qualifications: Complete list with USAJOBS; experience in hematology oncology specialty areas is paramount. Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP) and / or residency (PGY1 or PGY2) are preferred but not strictly required.

I'm happy to answer any questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bump. Position will be listed starting this Wednesday and will be actionable for 10 days. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon!