LOOKING FOR ADVICE, Masters student with 19 DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sabeli

Reaction score
Hi I need advice. I applied in august to 10 schools but I am hoping to go to any CA school, preferably USC or Western.

My stats:

science GPA 3.3
undergrad GPA 3.6
masters GPA 3.9

AA 19
SA 18
PAT 20
QR 18
RC 23

I have great extra curriculars, shadowing hours and LOR’s, and I am currently in a masters program where I finished the semester with a 3.9 GPA and my professors are going to send supplemental letters on my behalf. I have not heard back from any schools and I want to send letters if interest to USC, UOP, Western, and Loma Linda.

Im considering retaking the DAT on February 1st, as USC will accept the test score on that date and has plans to interview until April. What do you all recommend I should do? I am panicking.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you had any interviews? If not, letters of interest and supplemental LOR's aren't going to help you if you send them in February. A lot of schools will have filled their classes, even though waitlist movement can always happen.

If you want to do this properly, plan on a full reapp: take the DAT and go for 20's (the higher the better across all sections) before May 15, and submit your application in June for 2023 entry. Find out if there are any recruitment events in February/March (virtual if not on-campus if allowed by then) where you can specifically ask about if they have accepted applicants with a similar trajectory as you have, and have them point out which students you can contact who are living proof. And of course, ask your SMP program director what insight they can give you; where have past students gone who have had a similar challenge with their undergraduate GPA?

Reactions: 1 users