Looking for aProDirector

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It has been quite some time I don't see his posts in this forum. The last post was April 7. Is he still with this forum? :confused: Or having vacation somewhere at the beach?:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

It has been quite some time I don't see his posts in this forum. The last post was April 7. Is he still with this forum? :confused: Or having vacation somewhere at the beach?:thumbup:

He was an invaluable source of information during this past residency interview season.

I'm sure he'll re-emerge as we approach residency interview season again and more threads are created on this topic.

He was an invaluable source of information during this past residency interview season.

I'm sure he'll re-emerge as we approach residency interview season again and more threads are created on this topic.

Based on the number of responses he/she produced during that last residency cycle, he/she is probably taking a nap.

Hi aProgDirector:
I matched into my #2 choice, but just found out that my #1 choice had one spot in scramble, which means they did not rank me at all. However, I got really "GREAT" feedback during and after the interview. The PD at this place said:" he promise to rank me highly although no guarantee" Yes, he used the word "Promise" in the sentence. And he even went an extra mile to help me out by recommending his friend who is a PD in another hosiptal to consider my application as well. I understand the match "game", and know that "rank highly" does not guarantee a match, but not ranking me at all really shocked me.
Do PDs often lie so much or it is likely a error somewhere. Anyway, I wish that I could know what happened.
Thanks,

Hi aProgDirector:
I matched into my #2 choice, but just found out that my #1 choice had one spot in scramble, which means they did not rank me at all. However, I got really "GREAT" feedback during and after the interview. The PD at this place said:" he promise to rank me highly although no guarantee" Yes, he used the word "Promise" in the sentence. And he even went an extra mile to help me out by recommending his friend who is a PD in another hosiptal to consider my application as well. I understand the match "game", and know that "rank highly" does not guarantee a match, but not ranking me at all really shocked me.
Do PDs often lie so much or it is likely a error somewhere. Anyway, I wish that I could know what happened.
Thanks,

If the track you applied for had one position in the scramble, and you ranked them #1, then you are correct that they did not rank you at all. Be sure that the scrambled position was for the track you were applying -- if they scrambled a primary care position and you applied for categorical, then perhaps it just didn;t work out.

Assuming that's not the case, then yes it does appear that they lied to you. This is sad -- since if they weren't going to rank you there really is no harm to simply telling you that. Still, "going the extra mile" to refer you to a friend/PD doesn't sound like a positive move -- if he really liked you all that much, why introduce you to his/her competition?

Anyway, at this point the only things to do are: 1) forget about it, or 2) ask. Not much harm can come from asking nicely. Email the PD and mention that you ranked them #1, they scrambled, and that suggests they didn't rank you. Mention that you're happy with your current match, but that you'd love any feedback they could give you. This is non-accusatory, and might generate some useful feedback.

Thread title looks awful lot like looking for aPronDirector, lol.

You are awesome! I did write an email to ask, but no answer. I guess that I would just forget about it. Thanks again!