Looking for CBT Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Childdoconeday

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am looking for recommendations for the following:

1) Book or article that describes how to utilize behavioral activation with a child/adolescent client?
2) Book that describes how to use exposure hierarchies with clients?
3) Manualized CBT group therapy treatments?
4) Any books that you really recommend for child/adolescent clinicians who use a CBT framework?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Coping Cat.
Hello!

I am looking for recommendations for the following:

1) Book or article that describes how to utilize behavioral activation with a child/adolescent client?
2) Book that describes how to use exposure hierarchies with clients?
3) Manualized CBT group therapy treatments?
4) Any books that you really recommend for child/adolescent clinicians who use a CBT framework?

Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Paul Stallard “Think good Feel Good” is a workbook for CBT for kids/teens. I’ve used some of the worksheets with a kid as young as 8. I know there are a few other books out there and workbooks.

I also second Coping Cat and the author has a group Anger Management for teens too. (Or did back in the day lol)

Edited to add: MATCH ADTC Modular Approach to Treatment for Children with anxiety, depression, trauma, and conduct problems by Chorpita and Weisz.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh and PASCET Primary and Secondary Control Enhancement Training by Weisz is another manualized CBT program for depression. John Weisz has a few articles on CBT in publications.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh and PASCET Primary and Secondary Control Enhancement Training by Weisz is another manualized CBT program for depression. John Weisz has a few articles on CBT in publications.
Thank you for your recommendations! I really appreciate them. I haven't been able to find the PASCET manualized treatment. Do you know where I could purchase it?

I was “trained” and given PASCET treatment manual and workbook at a previous job so I didn’t purchase it. But CEBC » Primary And Secondary Control Enhancement Training › Program › Detailed has the contact info and some journal articles. You could try that. Seems it can be used for both individual and group treatment. PASCET was developed before MATCH so it uses many of the same interventions just goes into more detail on some (relaxation, behavioral activation, cognitive restructuring such as BLUE thoughts versus TRUE thoughts, etc). I only have paper copies of the manual and workbook. There might be an electronic version to purchase. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user