Looking for constructive feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1323x0299x3459

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Who am I:

I have research and volunteering experience, a ~3.9 GPA, but I lack three semesters of medical school pre-requisites.

The plan for the rest of my life:

My plan is to move to TX and take classes for 1.5 years while working. Afterward, stay in TX for medical school, residency, and beyond.

----

Thoughts? Suggestions for further reading?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
RAW ADVICE AHEAD:

Ok, moving to a state with a high IS acceptance, I see your point, sounds solid. Thoroughly research those schools though - some of the newer Texas schools are a little risky, solely because they're new.

Nail your MCAT. Even if the state schools have a low average, you can't afford to do bad - you're non-traditional. Don't get anything shy of a 512, and a 127+ in every section. This will make medical schools suddenly want you.

ECs: get some clinical care, EMT is great, but also throw in some hospital volunteering as well as non-hospital volunteering. You'll most likely need to do some form of shadowing to "show your dedication to the field and you've observed how a doctor see's patients, works with residents, writes notes, etc."

If all goes well you'll have nailed it.

Reactions: 1 user