Looking for rotation site in Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plznthx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a student in Arizona, and I'm hoping to do a clinical rotation in Oregon in my last year of school. But I'm having some trouble deciding who to contact to ask about setting up a rotation. I was wondering if anyone in Oregon had any suggestions for what hospitals would be good to reach out to, or recommendations for cities.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a student in Arizona, and I'm hoping to do a clinical rotation in Oregon in my last year of school. But I'm having some trouble deciding who to contact to ask about setting up a rotation. I was wondering if anyone in Oregon had any suggestions for what hospitals would be good to reach out to, or recommendations for cities.

Thank you!

How does that work?

Are you licensed in Oregon?

Not yet - in setting up the rotation, that may be one of the requirements for me to go. It will depend on if I can find a preceptor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your school doesn't have a match system for rotations? And your school will allow you to select your own rotations?

Reactions: 1 user
We do have a match system, and quite a few contracts with retail locations for rotations. But I'm looking specifically for clinical locations. And to an extent, yes, if we can find a preceptor willing to host, an arrangement can potentially be made for the site for APPE rotations.

Check with the rotation coordinators at your school to see if other students have completed rotations in Oregon. If there is a rotation site that already knows your school and your school already knows the rotation site, the process will be easier. My school also allowed out of state rotations, so there are relationships between my school and hospitals in every state and a few territories. Your school probably has similar relationships if you ask.

Sorry that I don't have more specific advice. I've never been to Oregon.

Check with the rotation coordinators at your school to see if other students have completed rotations in Oregon. If there is a rotation site that already knows your school and your school already knows the rotation site, the process will be easier. My school also allowed out of state rotations, so there are relationships between my school and hospitals in every state and a few territories. Your school probably has similar relationships if you ask.

Sorry that I don't have more specific advice. I've never been to Oregon.

Yes, the reason I was asking is because my school encouraged me to reach out to other facilities. They do have contracts with several places, but we were encouraged to build new relationships.

Yes, we have a match system. Yes, we are allowed to select our own rotations. Yes, our coordinators have already covered with us with whom they have contracts with. What I was looking for was people who had experiences in Oregon to possibly share those experiences or recommendations on places to avoid or places to reach out to. For example, there are several hospitals/facilities in my city that I would discourage people from going to because the experience would be horrible for them, and there are places I would encourage people to try to get in touch with.

Reactions: 1 user