Looking for some brutally honest advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachelp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think a 510 with your ECs are really strong. I would only retake if you genuinely feel more confident this time around. Did you change your study technique or how you approached the exam?

Reactions: 1 users
Your stats look good. I would not recommend retaking the MCAT because though it's possible to do better, it's also possible to do worse, which would look quite bad during the admissions process. Just make sure you apply early and broadly this cycle and make sure you have a good personal statement!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
510 + the rest of that app isn't going to hold you back from U of A. Where did you apply last year? When were you complete? Who interviewed you?

There's no need to retake the MCAT. Use this time now to prepare/rewrite your application and apply early.

Reactions: 1 user
didn't get into any schools (mostly my fault for really screwing up timing/number of schools/LOR requirements)

When did you apply? What schools did you apply to? How were your LOR requirements wrong/incomplete?

Those issues you identified were very likely the reason you did not have any success...NOT your MCAT.

There's no need to retake the MCAT. Use this time now to prepare/rewrite your application and apply early.
Agreed. You have a strong app, it appears your issue last cycle was timing. Apply early and work on revising personal statement. You have a solid chance.

Reactions: 1 user