Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any feedback that you can give would be very helpful.
I am a Biochem major. I have a 3.4 cGPA and a 3.42 sGPA, with a 36O on the MCAT (BS-15, PS-11, VR-10, WS-O). I am a resident of North Carolina.
My EC's
Two years summer research for the National Institute of Health (one year with the Human Metabolism group and the other with the Cell Biology group)
Just over a year of volunteer work at the Emergency Room.
A week of shadowing a cardiothoracic surgeon at Duke Hospital.
4 Years of coaching middle school soccer both boys and girls
Sporadic volunteer work at the Homeless shelter and collecting donations
Part time job (12 hours a week) during the school year
Big into sports- 4 hours a week of intramural sports during the school year
Athletic Commissioner for my dorm (won the all-sports championship)
Volunteer Basketball commissioner for 2 month fundraiser basketball tournament the last two years (raised money for underprivileged kids in Jamaica)
I am looking at applying to
Duke (reach)
Vanderbilt (reach)
Emory (reach)
UNC
ECU
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Drexel
NY med
Loyola
St. Louis
Georgetown
George Washington
Cinncy
I know my GPA is pretty low, so something besides you have a lower GPA would be helpful. Thank you in advance for any insightful opinions anyone might have to offer. All comments welcome.
I am a Biochem major. I have a 3.4 cGPA and a 3.42 sGPA, with a 36O on the MCAT (BS-15, PS-11, VR-10, WS-O). I am a resident of North Carolina.
My EC's
Two years summer research for the National Institute of Health (one year with the Human Metabolism group and the other with the Cell Biology group)
Just over a year of volunteer work at the Emergency Room.
A week of shadowing a cardiothoracic surgeon at Duke Hospital.
4 Years of coaching middle school soccer both boys and girls
Sporadic volunteer work at the Homeless shelter and collecting donations
Part time job (12 hours a week) during the school year
Big into sports- 4 hours a week of intramural sports during the school year
Athletic Commissioner for my dorm (won the all-sports championship)
Volunteer Basketball commissioner for 2 month fundraiser basketball tournament the last two years (raised money for underprivileged kids in Jamaica)
I am looking at applying to
Duke (reach)
Vanderbilt (reach)
Emory (reach)
UNC
ECU
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Drexel
NY med
Loyola
St. Louis
Georgetown
George Washington
Cinncy
I know my GPA is pretty low, so something besides you have a lower GPA would be helpful. Thank you in advance for any insightful opinions anyone might have to offer. All comments welcome.