Looking for tips for working part time as a retail pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cpjeapplicant

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any fellow SDNers in the Orange County, California area who can offer tips on landing a part-time retail pharmacist position in the surrounding area? I am a stay at home mom and am not looking for a full time position. However, the response I've been getting seems to indicate that the retail pharmacies are more interested in only hiring full-time. Is that true for most pharmacies? Are there part-time opportunties outside of retail?

Thanks for taking the time to read. 🙂
 
You have a scientific back ground and could be very useful to a small bio/science company. May have to work in a garage as did Bill and HP founder.

Otherwise, pharmacists fall ill and also need days off and holidays etc.
Write to all the pharmacies in your area offering to act as a relief. In UK we have 'return to practice' courses for Moms fed up with baby talk.
johnep
 
If you were to get hired at Walgreen's, part time would be available if you worked Saturdays and Sundays.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'd be much happier with a part-time hospital pharmacist position.

In every part-time retail job I've tried, I was called almost every single off day to work extra hours, sent to the worst stores in out-of-the way places, and endured retribution if I didn't comply.

If you take a part-time hospital position, you'll work in the same place everyday, be almost guaranteed the same hours, and will likely be appreciated for helping out.

However, with the recession, part-time jobs (with benefits) are harder to find or keep. Good luck!