Looking to add more schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

putmynameinbold

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm looking to add more about 6-7 more schools to the list, I already submitted to AMCAS and AACOMAS, but I feel like my MD school choices aren't broad enough given my stats (3.42 cGPA, 3.29-3.3 sGPA, 510 MCAT, ORM, CA resident). I'm also applying to DO schools, and my list for that is done/set/sent in. Any advice for more MDs would be much appreciated! :D

MD:
Albany Medical College
David Geffen at UCLA
Eastern Virginia Medical School
George Washington University
Georgetown University
Keck SOM
Lewis Katz SOM at Temple
Loyola University SOM - Stritch
New York Medical College
Oakland William Beaumont
Qunnipiac University SOM
Rosalind Franklin
Rush Medical College
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
Tulane University
Charles Drew
UC Davis
UC Riverside
Virginia Tech Carilion

DO:
Western-COMP
Western-Lebanon
Touro-CA
Touro-NV
Touro-NY
AZCOM
CCOM
KCUMB
AT Still- KCOM
AT Still- ATSU
NSUCOM
Rowan SOM
MUCOM
PCOM
DMUCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Add WVSOM (DO), good for OOS and given your GPAs and MCAT it seems like a good fit...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For MD schools you could add:
Vermont
Drexel
Virginia Commonwealth
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Creighton

With that sGPA, I can't recommend MD schools except UCI, UCD and maybe UCR, if you're from the Inland Empire.

You're fine for any DO program, starting with TUNCOM, Western and Touro-CA. I can't recommend LUCOM or Touro-NY though.

Hi! I'm looking to add more about 6-7 more schools to the list, I already submitted to AMCAS and AACOMAS, but I feel like my MD school choices aren't broad enough given my stats (3.42 cGPA, 3.29-3.3 sGPA, 510 MCAT, ORM, CA resident). I'm also applying to DO schools, and my list for that is done/set/sent in. Any advice for more MDs would be much appreciated! :D

MD:
Albany Medical College
David Geffen at UCLA
Eastern Virginia Medical School
George Washington University
Georgetown University
Keck SOM
Lewis Katz SOM at Temple
Loyola University SOM - Stritch
New York Medical College
Oakland William Beaumont
Qunnipiac University SOM
Rosalind Franklin
Rush Medical College
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
Tulane University
Charles Drew
UC Davis
UC Riverside
Virginia Tech Carilion

DO:
Western-COMP
Western-Lebanon
Touro-CA
Touro-NV
Touro-NY
AZCOM
CCOM
KCUMB
AT Still- KCOM
AT Still- ATSU
NSUCOM
Rowan SOM
MUCOM
PCOM
DMUCOM

Drew and UCR are a mission-based schools.
Your stats are really low for Geffen and USC.

I think I fit the mission of UCR pretty well, I grew up in the IE and want to go into primary care. I also researched Drew and did really appreciate their mission, but I do know I don't quite fit the demographic. I'm leaving UCLA and USC as my reaches/dreams, but know the outcomes are definitely not in my favor. Thank you, gyngyn!

With that sGPA, I can't recommend MD schools except UCI, UCD and maybe UCR, if you're from the Inland Empire.

You're fine for any DO program, starting with TUNCOM, Western and Touro-CA. I can't recommend LUCOM or Touro-NY though.

I just started following chaos Touro-NY is causing, kinda wish I didn't apply now. :unsure: I'll look into UCI. I'm from the IE so I hope UCR shows a little mercy, I'm still a bit unsure about UCD because I heard they want people from the region and I don't fit that mold. Thanks Goro!

If you're not URM, your apps to USC and UCLA will be donations. Save your money and take your parents out to dinner instead.

I think I fit the mission of UCR pretty well, I grew up in the IE and want to go into primary care. I also researched Drew and did really appreciate their mission, but I do know I don't quite fit the demographic. I'm leaving UCLA and USC as my reaches/dreams, but know the outcomes are definitely not in my favor. Thank you, gyngyn!

I just started following chaos Touro-NY is causing, kinda wish I didn't apply now. :unsure: I'll look into UCI. I'm from the IE so I hope UCR shows a little mercy, I'm still a bit unsure about UCD because I heard they want people from the region and I don't fit that mold. Thanks Goro!

If you're not URM, your apps to USC and UCLA will be donations. Save your money and take your parents out to dinner instead.

My parents are the reason I applied to them, lol guess they lost out on a nice dinner :rofl: