SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

LOR advise needed

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Human_Genome, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Human_Genome

Human_Genome Member 7+ Year Member

May 31, 2002
    hey guys, i have a problem regarding LOR...

most schools require something like two science professors and one non-science or whoever. One of the science professors that I asked the letter from was also my research advisor, and I found that in the letter he talked almost entirely about my research experience (with only one sentence mentioning that I took his class before). Is this bad? I am wondering if med school want to see more content regarding my performance in a classroom setting. (but I do have two other letters, one science and one non-science, that provide information on my school performance).

any comment is welcomed.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, did he already send the letter in? You can ask him make a change. I do not think that it is a big deal. the main thing is that he does not say anything bad about you in the LOR.
  4. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27 10+ Year Member

If your grades are good, I don't think it's a big deal. Regardless, a good letter is not a problem I would think. In fact, your research may be of more interest to the adcom than your school work.