LOR advise needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Human_Genome

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i have a problem regarding LOR...

most schools require something like two science professors and one non-science or whoever. One of the science professors that I asked the letter from was also my research advisor, and I found that in the letter he talked almost entirely about my research experience (with only one sentence mentioning that I took his class before). Is this bad? I am wondering if med school want to see more content regarding my performance in a classroom setting. (but I do have two other letters, one science and one non-science, that provide information on my school performance).

any comment is welcomed.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, did he already send the letter in? You can ask him make a change. I do not think that it is a big deal. the main thing is that he does not say anything bad about you in the LOR.

If your grades are good, I don't think it's a big deal. Regardless, a good letter is not a problem I would think. In fact, your research may be of more interest to the adcom than your school work.