LOR Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hollilover15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am in a situation where I am having a hard time acquiring a science lor from a professor despite having sent numerous emails..would it be ok to request a lor from a professor I feel can write me a strong letter who taught me but transferred to a different university? If so, in terms of the required official letterhead, how would I work around that considering he is no longer teaching at my university.

Thank you.
@Goro @LizzyM I would also appreciate your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Is this a science course? If so, he may certainly write you a science LOR.

I placed first in my class in a really difficult class, asked the teacher for a LOR, he told me he would and to email him, and now he wont answer my emails. Sucks. Dunno what to do. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,
I am in a situation where I am having a hard time acquiring a science lor from a professor despite having sent numerous emails..would it be ok to request a lor from a professor I feel can write me a strong letter who taught me but transferred to a different university? If so, in terms of the required official letterhead, how would I work around that considering he is no longer teaching at my university.

Thank you.
@Goro @LizzyM I would also appreciate your input.
It's fine. Just have the professor write it on his current letterhead. I assume he will explain your relationship in the letter and should not leave any ambiguity for readers.

As far as I know, most schools only ask that academic letters come from someone who taught you... and their current affiliation does not matter.

Last edited:
Yes.