LOR due date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndskit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applications open on May 5th and schools begin receiving and processing applications on June 15th. If I submit my application in early May, will making the LOR due date on May 5th vs. a later date make a difference with the applications being considered on a rolling basis?

I know you can pay for/submit your application without the LORs, but does it count as a completed application?

Members don't see this ad.

You should get your LORs and transcripts in as early as possible. Because of processing, they can hold up your timeline a bit. Many applicants end up having to wait a bit to have their applications looked at because their MCAT scores are still pending. Tell your letter writers they need to be submitted well before you need them.

Applications open on May 5th and schools begin receiving and processing applications on June 15th. If I submit my application in early May, will making the LOR due date on May 5th vs. a later date make a difference with the applications being considered on a rolling basis?

I know you can pay for/submit your application without the LORs, but does it count as a completed application?

I got my application all completed before June 15th. All you need is to submit by first week of June. Look on the AACOMAS thread. You can see how long it takes to verify and complete.

Don't submit your application too early. It won't make a difference whether you apply first week of May or by first week of June. Either way, the schools will receive applications at the same time.