LOR from a pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc Henry

blowin' in the wind
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really close with a pharmacist who I have worked for off and on for years as a pharmacy tech and he knows my passion for medicine better than anyone. Should I put the pharmacy tech work on my app and would a letter from him be worth anything?

BTW I also have letters from a DO and MD so I'm not trying to replace a doctor letter with a pharm d letter.

(i know there is a thread about whether pharmacy tech=clinical experience but that is not my question and i didn't want to steal that thread)

Members don't see this ad.

Bump, wondering the same thing!

I read the thread title as "LOL from a pharmacist"

Members don't see this ad :)
I am really close with a pharmacist who I have worked for off and on for years as a pharmacy tech and he knows my passion for medicine better than anyone. Should I put the pharmacy tech work on my app and would a letter from him be worth anything?

BTW I also have letters from a DO and MD so I'm not trying to replace a doctor letter with a pharm d letter.

(i know there is a thread about whether pharmacy tech=clinical experience but that is not my question and i didn't want to steal that thread)

I had a pharmacist write me a LOR b/c I had worked with him for 2 1/2 years and had gotten to know him well. I also put the pharm. tech on my application. All of the schools that I applied to seemed to like both the LOR and that I mentioned work in a pharmacy on my app.

Yes and yes, my dad happens to be a pharmacist and he had a kid working for him for a couple of years as a tech...he wrote him a LOR and he was accepted to med school this past year.