Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

LOR from a pharmacist?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Doc Henry, May 1, 2007.

1. Doc Henry

Doc Henry blowin' in the wind

Pre-Medical
    I am really close with a pharmacist who I have worked for off and on for years as a pharmacy tech and he knows my passion for medicine better than anyone. Should I put the pharmacy tech work on my app and would a letter from him be worth anything?

BTW I also have letters from a DO and MD so I'm not trying to replace a doctor letter with a pharm d letter.

(i know there is a thread about whether pharmacy tech=clinical experience but that is not my question and i didn't want to steal that thread)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TheGreatHunt

TheGreatHunt High Performance

Pre-Medical
    Bump, wondering the same thing!

4. pennybridge

pennybridge Banned
    Banned

I read the thread title as "LOL from a pharmacist"

5. rockinthemullet

rockinthemullet Dig the hair?

Medical Student

I had a pharmacist write me a LOR b/c I had worked with him for 2 1/2 years and had gotten to know him well. I also put the pharm. tech on my application. All of the schools that I applied to seemed to like both the LOR and that I mentioned work in a pharmacy on my app.

6. DianaUT06

DianaUT06 MS4

Medical Student
    Yes and yes, my dad happens to be a pharmacist and he had a kid working for him for a couple of years as a tech...he wrote him a LOR and he was accepted to med school this past year.