LOR Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmileItsLife

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm just looking for some advice. I talked in person to all of my teachers about getting a letter of recommendation in late March. I got a super strong yes from my English professor, and a good yes from my A&P professor. When I asked my Orgo professor, he said yes too. I was pretty sure his recommendation would be mediocre, but I thought since my other recommendations from my dentist and other teachers would make up for an okay letter. Anyways, he requested that I don't email him much because he is super busy, and he'll make sure he gets to it before May 23rd.

Yesterday, I just sent out emails as a friendly reminder to everyone. My former Ochem prof said that he no longer worked at my university and didn't want to write my letter anymore.

I don't know what to do. I sent a super friendly email to my physics prof that I had this term requesting the letter in three weeks. What else should I do? I didn't really feel like I connected with any of my other professors, and if I did-well, they probably have already have forgotten me. Also would a physics letter be okay as a second science letter? I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that it should be 1 bio, 1 chem, 1 nonscience, and 1 dentist.

I don't know what to do... feeling panicked.

Members don't see this ad.

Physics counts as science. The one exception I know of is Maryland, and they want exactly one bio and one chem.

Reactions: 1 user