• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

LOR Help

SmileItsLife

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
  1. Pre-Dental
    Hey guys!

I'm just looking for some advice. I talked in person to all of my teachers about getting a letter of recommendation in late March. I got a super strong yes from my English professor, and a good yes from my A&P professor. When I asked my Orgo professor, he said yes too. I was pretty sure his recommendation would be mediocre, but I thought since my other recommendations from my dentist and other teachers would make up for an okay letter. Anyways, he requested that I don't email him much because he is super busy, and he'll make sure he gets to it before May 23rd.

Yesterday, I just sent out emails as a friendly reminder to everyone. My former Ochem prof said that he no longer worked at my university and didn't want to write my letter anymore.

I don't know what to do. I sent a super friendly email to my physics prof that I had this term requesting the letter in three weeks. What else should I do? I didn't really feel like I connected with any of my other professors, and if I did-well, they probably have already have forgotten me. Also would a physics letter be okay as a second science letter? I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that it should be 1 bio, 1 chem, 1 nonscience, and 1 dentist.

I don't know what to do... feeling panicked.

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.