This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SmileItsLife

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

I'm just looking for some advice. I talked in person to all of my teachers about getting a letter of recommendation in late March. I got a super strong yes from my English professor, and a good yes from my A&P professor. When I asked my Orgo professor, he said yes too. I was pretty sure his recommendation would be mediocre, but I thought since my other recommendations from my dentist and other teachers would make up for an okay letter. Anyways, he requested that I don't email him much because he is super busy, and he'll make sure he gets to it before May 23rd.

Yesterday, I just sent out emails as a friendly reminder to everyone. My former Ochem prof said that he no longer worked at my university and didn't want to write my letter anymore.

I don't know what to do. I sent a super friendly email to my physics prof that I had this term requesting the letter in three weeks. What else should I do? I didn't really feel like I connected with any of my other professors, and if I did-well, they probably have already have forgotten me. Also would a physics letter be okay as a second science letter? I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that it should be 1 bio, 1 chem, 1 nonscience, and 1 dentist.

I don't know what to do... feeling panicked.