LOR is taking so long ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

one11

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am an IMG and one of my letter writers uploaded the letter more than week ago! I received an email for ERAS saying that is was uploaded at that time.. but then nothing !! One of my friends who is also and IMG his letter was uploaded and in 15mins it was processed and available in ERAS !! but this was on early August. Should I call ECFMG? or is it usual to have these kinds of delays at this time?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
3 of my letters were uploaded in August and took me exactly 1 day to process. My last letter was uploaded 3 days ago and I'm still waiting

wow it looks like the ERAS people are SDN users ... my letter got processed few mins after writing this post :D:D

wow it looks like the ERAS people are SDN users ... my letter got processed few mins after writing this post :D:D

LOL awesome. Can you tell me what day you recieved the upload email? I'm still waiting as well

I received the upload email on 9/3 and it was processed today.

What is the difference between the upload email and the letter being processed? What does "processed" mean exactly? Thanks

Upload email means the letter writer uploaded the letter but it is not ready to submit to programs. Once it is processed, you can send the letter to programs.

Upload email means the letter writer uploaded the letter but it is not ready to submit to programs. Once it is processed, you can send the letter to programs.

I see. For me, the processing part is happening pretty much instantaneously after submission of the letter. Certainly not taking more than 1 day to process...

I see. For me, the processing part is happening pretty much instantaneously after submission of the letter. Certainly not taking more than 1 day to process...

Did you upload your letter during the month of September?

Did you upload your letter during the month of September?

Yes. One was submitted in August, one in Sept. Both were processed within 1 day. Assuming they are acting fast, knowing that applications open soon.

Yes. One was submitted in August, one in Sept. Both were processed within 1 day. Assuming they are acting fast, knowing that applications open soon.

Can you check your email what date in september it was uploaded? im trying to predict when I should get mines processed

Hey guys,

I am an IMG and one of my letter writers uploaded the letter more than week ago! I received an email for ERAS saying that is was uploaded at that time.. but then nothing !! One of my friends who is also and IMG his letter was uploaded and in 15mins it was processed and available in ERAS !! but this was on early August. Should I call ECFMG? or is it usual to have these kinds of delays at this time?

I'm in the same boat as well. I'm waiting on 3 letters to get processed. One was uploaded last Friday. Another one was uploaded on Monday and the last one was uploaded last night PST (this morning EST).