LOR letterhead

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liftaway

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
what happens if one of my attendings didn't include a letterhead? I didn't see the letter but her coordinator said that she thought it was optional (per eras letter form instructions). Should I ask her to redo it?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same question. Secretary said they think it was sent on letterhead but only the faculty ever saw it. I don't know if I should push the issue and verify? I did see some threads from 2008 talking about letters not using blue ink, so at least we don't have to deal with that!

As long as the letter is accepted by ERAS, then it really doesn't matter. ERAS has rules for rejecting letters -- i.e. they must be signed. I don't remember if letterhead is required, but I don't think so.

As long as the letter is accepted by ERAS, then it really doesn't matter. ERAS has rules for rejecting letters -- i.e. they must be signed. I don't remember if letterhead is required, but I don't think so.

You may not know this, but when in the app process do they reject LOR's? I already have all my letters available to be assigned on ERAS, but am worried it may get rejected like September 15th.

You may not know this, but when in the app process do they reject LOR's? I already have all my letters available to be assigned on ERAS, but am worried it may get rejected like September 15th.

That's a "WAN" issue. Worried About Nothing.

The LOR will be rejected in the first 5-7 business days. Once it's available in ERAS, you're all set.

Reactions: 1 users