• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

LOR must be typed and signature must be signed by hand?

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2004
    I know a dentist who I did an oversea outreach with last year. But He lives in US which is very far away from my home in Canada. So, there is no way for me to see him face to face asking him to writing LOR unless I spend $900 flying down there to see.

I plan to send him the LOR form by email. So, he can write it and send it back to me by email. However, the problem is that he can not put down his signature by hand. Can I use LOR without signature of author by hand?

About the Ads

Adam_W

Adam White, DDS
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Feb 28, 2006
    1. Dentist
      The schools probably won't want you to have access to your letters, so it would be best for him to send the letters directly.

However, if you are insistant on sending the letters directly to the schools yourself, the AADSAS sheet is totally unnecessary. Just include your name and AADSAS ID# with the letters. (I had two of my professors do this for my 2005/2006 cycle letters).

Leeuwenhoek

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Dec 12, 2004
        Smooth Operater said:
        but, can he just mail me the letter, and then I mail it to schools I want to apply directly? In that way, it would be a big hassal for him.

Well, you could either email or fax the cover letter to him to fill out and he can place everything in a sealed envelope addressed to AADSAS and write his signature on the flap. Afterwards, he can put the sealed envelope into a second envelope addressed to you so you can send all LORs at the same time to AADSAS if that is your concern. Normally, the LOR is sent to directly to AADSAS.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.