MyEyesMesmerize

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2002
Florida
members.migente.com
Status (Visible)
I'm a bit concerned about my LOR's cuz some schools ask for 2 science and 1 liberal arts prof. Problem is that I have been doing post bacc work for the last to yrs in all science courses. I don't see how I can ask for a letter from a class I took 3 yrs ago with a professor I never spoke much to. Has anyone else ever been in this bind?

wolferman

Member?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2002
Idaho
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by MyEyesMesmerize
I'm a bit concerned about my LOR's cuz some schools ask for 2 science and 1 liberal arts prof. Problem is that I have been doing post bacc work for the last to yrs in all science courses. I don't see how I can ask for a letter from a class I took 3 yrs ago with a professor I never spoke much to. Has anyone else ever been in this bind?

I am in the exact same situation with UMDNJ New Jersey. They want 2 science and 1 liberal arts. I have 1 biology, 1 chemistry, and 1 managerial psychology. The management class was part of my management science major, so I'm not sure if it counts as "liberal arts". If it doesn't, I guess I'm screwed. I too am a post-bac, so I'm not about to ask one of my English profs from 3 years ago for a letter of recommendation.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.