1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

LOR problem

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MyEyesMesmerize, Aug 8, 2002.

1. MyEyesMesmerize

MyEyesMesmerize Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm a bit concerned about my LOR's cuz some schools ask for 2 science and 1 liberal arts prof. Problem is that I have been doing post bacc work for the last to yrs in all science courses. I don't see how I can ask for a letter from a class I took 3 yrs ago with a professor I never spoke much to. Has anyone else ever been in this bind?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah - I'm an MPH grad student. I simply send in the 3 faculty letters and one volunteer letter that I've got. If they don't like it, they can bit me.

4. wolferman

wolferman Member?
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am in the exact same situation with UMDNJ New Jersey. They want 2 science and 1 liberal arts. I have 1 biology, 1 chemistry, and 1 managerial psychology. The management class was part of my management science major, so I'm not sure if it counts as "liberal arts". If it doesn't, I guess I'm screwed. I too am a post-bac, so I'm not about to ask one of my English profs from 3 years ago for a letter of recommendation.