LOR problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MyEyesMesmerize

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a bit concerned about my LOR's cuz some schools ask for 2 science and 1 liberal arts prof. Problem is that I have been doing post bacc work for the last to yrs in all science courses. I don't see how I can ask for a letter from a class I took 3 yrs ago with a professor I never spoke much to. Has anyone else ever been in this bind?
 
Yeah - I'm an MPH grad student. I simply send in the 3 faculty letters and one volunteer letter that I've got. If they don't like it, they can bit me.
 
Originally posted by MyEyesMesmerize
I'm a bit concerned about my LOR's cuz some schools ask for 2 science and 1 liberal arts prof. Problem is that I have been doing post bacc work for the last to yrs in all science courses. I don't see how I can ask for a letter from a class I took 3 yrs ago with a professor I never spoke much to. Has anyone else ever been in this bind?

I am in the exact same situation with UMDNJ New Jersey. They want 2 science and 1 liberal arts. I have 1 biology, 1 chemistry, and 1 managerial psychology. The management class was part of my management science major, so I'm not sure if it counts as "liberal arts". If it doesn't, I guess I'm screwed. I too am a post-bac, so I'm not about to ask one of my English profs from 3 years ago for a letter of recommendation.