LoR Question - Sending Additional Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olcmg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I have a composite letter from my university that consists of 4 rec's : 2 lab PI's, 1 science professor, 1 non science professor (teaches music - my other major)

I have an additional letter from a science professor I can send. Some schools do not want more letters and clearly state that, but many say they are willing to accept more to some extent. My question - should I send this additional LoR to these schools as well? I assume it's a good letter, but relatively cliche or general. I had the professor, who's great and personable (knows each student's name) for two semesters, and was involved in class, but it was still a large class.

Also some schools, (MCG, Mercer) seem to want a specific letter from a physician you've shadowed. As these are not in my composite letter should I try to get an additional one to send? Would a DMD be sufficient for this purpose? Any MD I have shadowed or know would not be able to write that much.

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Members don't see this ad.