sending another pre-II letter / follow up rec letter?

Started by sinreina
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thread 'Thank you letter advice' Thank you letter advice

Did you send an application to Methodist yet?

I am okay with sending a letter now for the sake of sending a letter. I don't know how the programming update helps us see your potential as a doctor, but you can do you.

Which reference are you enlisting for the updated LOR? I can't say how effective that will be.
 
Thread 'Thank you letter advice' Thank you letter advice

Did you send an application to Methodist yet?

I am okay with sending a letter now for the sake of sending a letter. I don't know how the programming update helps us see your potential as a doctor, but you can do you.

Which reference are you enlisting for the updated LOR? I can't say how effective that will be.

Yes, I applied to Methodist a few weeks ago.

For an update letter at this point, do you recommend keeping it to a brief mention of my recent developments/continued work and maybe a short reinforcement of my interest in the school? Maybe tying in my update to something at the school? My October letters included a pretty distinct "why us" paragraph, so I can't imagine repeating that would add much value.

As for the additional LOR, the person would be my PI, whom I've worked with for the past 2 years. Do you think it's worth asking him to write something on my behalf?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I applied to Methodist a few weeks ago.

For an update letter at this point, do you recommend keeping it to a brief mention of my recent developments/continued work and maybe a short reinforcement of my interest in the school? Maybe tying in my update to something at the school? My October letters included a pretty distinct "why us" paragraph, so I can't imagine repeating that would add much value.

As for the additional LOR, the person would be my PI, whom I've worked with for the past 2 years. Do you think it's worth asking him to write something on my behalf?
That will NOT move the needle.