LOR question

Started by spade92
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

spade92

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm getting a little nervous about asking for LORs. I will be absolutely sure to ask for a strong letter of recommendation, but my concern is what happens if they say yes but not so enthusiastically?

Obviously I want the best letters I can get. Is it rude to ask and if they say yes, tell them you no longer need it…

One more question - do you think anyone would ever agree to writing a strong letter of recommendation and then write a bad one?
 
Does it look bad if my school has a pre-med committee but I don't use it? I am a CS major and only have taken the bare minimum pre-med classes.