LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TKT01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I recently asked the professors for LORs to apply in this May, they asked me whether it is a form and what they need to write.

Some of them even asked me how long they should write.

What do I need tell them ?

Isn't it just that there's a no form and it's academic and personal reference letter?

Members don't see this ad.

There are a couple schools that have forms and guidlines, you have to look at the individual schools web sites for the info. Otherwise they just write whatever they want about you. How you performed in class and things like that.

thanks for asking that question.

Now another question to add to this. I am going to make an interfolio account and have them upload it to there.

Question is? Do you send the LOR with your application to ACCOMAS or do they only go to the schools you are applying to.

tbcnm

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for your input. I thought that the schools had a no form or an optional form besides one school. I'll make sure to check the individual web sites again.

I'll probably apply very broadly, so that I was going to get 2 science letters, a non-science letter, and a DO letter in advance to be fine at the most schools.

If the professors write a letter without a form, is a letterhead on the top of a letter only thing I need?

If I'll have to apply to the school with an evaluation form, do I need to ask each professor to fill out a form in addition to a letter?

Last edited: