LOR Timing Question

Started by Dazen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dazen

Clinical PhD Student
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

For those of you who have written letters of rec for grad school admissions, would you prefer to be asked earlier, or to be asked once the list of schools is finalized? It would probably be another two weeks before my list is fully finalized for a variety of personal reasons and I want to respect the time of my recommenders and be able to send them the most efficient request possible.

Thanks!
 
Thanks! I sent emails tonight asking professors for letters of rec, letting them know when I will have a finalized school list. Excited for this application process to really get underway.