• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

LOR worries

reece05

Jul 21, 2010
New York
    reapp-- finished with all secondaries...just waiting for LOR from clinical research advisor (been in Africa since beginning of July-- no one knows when she will return)

average stats/ NY applicant....I am just worried how long I should wait for this LOR..or if I should just take it off so I can be complete, and then when she finally submits it send it to schools then?

Any thoughts?

SilverCat

The Friendly Reapp Cat
    7+ Year Member
    Aug 17, 2012
    One of the least sought- after postal codes
    1. Medical Student
      Can you contact her by email or phone?

If not, if the letter isn't necessary, I would just remove it. I don't think one letter will make or break your app, but being late definitely will.

From the way you described it, it sounds like it may take an unknown amount of time for her to complete and send the letter. That's never a good thing.

reece05

Jul 21, 2010
      New York
        I can't unfortunately-- she is in Africa, and is difficult to reach by email/ phone when she is in the states....

so I am deleting the LOR's because they are taking forever to write it, and I will assign it to the schools when I actually receive it...but do I need to contact all the schools to say it is no longer assigned?

Thanks for all the help!

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.