1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

LORs for Non-trad

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by Spring888, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Spring888

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Sorry if this is a repeat post but I couldn't find anything that really addresses this for my specific situation. I am applying this cycle and am done with everything except my final LOR. I have been struggling to find a second science professor to write one but I am stuck. I am now out of undergrad for 3 years and have lost contact with many of my professors. What should I do?

I have:
    1 Letter from a PI
    1 Letter from a Neurosurgeon I shadowed
    1 Letter from a Bio Professor

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mauberley

mauberley radiating prestige
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Email the schools you are applying to and ask if the letters you are going to provide will suffice. They are generally responsive and accommodating, in my experience. More than likely, your PI and bio prof letters will be acceptable.

4. Spring888

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thank you so much! I have emailed all of the schools and started getting responses within five mins. So far so good, I feel so much better :)!

Thanks again!

5. mauberley

mauberley radiating prestige
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Glad to help. Good luck!