LORs for Non-trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spring888

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat post but I couldn't find anything that really addresses this for my specific situation. I am applying this cycle and am done with everything except my final LOR. I have been struggling to find a second science professor to write one but I am stuck. I am now out of undergrad for 3 years and have lost contact with many of my professors. What should I do?

I have:
1 Letter from a PI
1 Letter from a Neurosurgeon I shadowed
1 Letter from a Bio Professor

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this is a repeat post but I couldn't find anything that really addresses this for my specific situation. I am applying this cycle and am done with everything except my final LOR. I have been struggling to find a second science professor to write one but I am stuck. I am now out of undergrad for 3 years and have lost contact with many of my professors. What should I do?

I have:
1 Letter from a PI
1 Letter from a Neurosurgeon I shadowed
1 Letter from a Bio Professor

Email the schools you are applying to and ask if the letters you are going to provide will suffice. They are generally responsive and accommodating, in my experience. More than likely, your PI and bio prof letters will be acceptable.

Email the schools you are applying to and ask if the letters you are going to provide will suffice. They are generally responsive and accommodating, in my experience. More than likely, your PI and bio prof letters will be acceptable.

Thank you so much! I have emailed all of the schools and started getting responses within five mins. So far so good, I feel so much better :)!

Thanks again!

Thank you so much! I have emailed all of the schools and started getting responses within five mins. So far so good, I feel so much better :)!

Thanks again!

Glad to help. Good luck!