LORs..is this good enough??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

splashpea

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have LOR's from a physics prof, research prof, and a psych prof. Should I get one more LOR from a science prof? What do med schools like to see? All of these profs know me really really well, not only in an academic environment but also socially.

What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Most require a minimum of three LOR. It seems like you have all science LOR...try and get at least one from a non-science professor, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I'm a psych major, so I have one from my psych professor. Should I get another science one? Or is one from my physics prof and research prof sufficient enough? I wasn't sure if you had to have two science LOR's from classes that you have actuallly taken. That's what I heard, but I wasn't sure.

Just a general question about LORs...

If I obtain them from individual prof's vs. a 'pre-med committee' letter, is there a certain format they need to follow or forms that need to be obtained and completed by them from the med schools i plan on applying to?

sorry, i'm new to all of this...what is the usual procedure??

You need to find your pre-med committee website and read the procedures from there. You will likely find a lot of deadlines that need to be met in order to have your LORs reviewed and compiled into the committee letter. They will have their own set of rules for submitting LORs as well as all your extracurriculars etc.

i'm actually a college grad (graduated last may).....don't know if i'd be able to get a committee letter, since i'm no longer a student...i can look into it, but i was just thinking of getting LORs from certain prof's...is there certain criteria or a certain letter format they should follow if i do it this way?