Is my gpa and mcat good enough?

Started by deleted1172416
Tags Tags
advice gpa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1172416

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm applying to osteopathic (DO) medical schools in this cycle and I'm still waiting to hear back. However, I was slightly concerned about my GPA and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about how good/bad this gpa is? So my overall gpa is 3.80, but my science gpa is 3.67 and non-science is 3.98. Where would I stand? I'm mainly concerned about the 3.67 sgpa. Is that going to hinder me a lot, or is it still a "good" gpa?

Also, my mcat score is 501.
 
GPA is competitive and actually above the typical accepted DO student. MCAT score is on the lower side. If you included the additional information found in the below template (as well as where you applied to), we would have a better idea of your app: