LOR's to RUSH ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

breck

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I filled out my secondary to RUSH and noted by LOR writers:
Jon Doe I
Jon Doe II

I checked the status of my application yesterday and it said:
Jon Doe I Not Received
Jon Doe I PhD Received
Jon Doe II Not Received
Jon Doe II PhD Received

They must be kidding me. Did the PhD after these peoples names really fool them. Is my application going to sit on hold b/c of this?? I can't be the only person with this problem. Has anyone seen this and still had their application verified as complete? I will try calling RUSH tomorrow but it doesn't seem like people are having much luck getting in touch with them by phone or email.

Members don't see this ad.

breck said:
I filled out my secondary to RUSH and noted by LOR writers:
Jon Doe I
Jon Doe II

I checked the status of my application yesterday and it said:
Jon Doe I Not Received
Jon Doe I PhD Received
Jon Doe II Not Received
Jon Doe II PhD Received

They must be kidding me. Did the PhD after these peoples names really fool them. Is my application going to sit on hold b/c of this?? I can't be the only person with this problem. Has anyone seen this and still had their application verified as complete? I will try calling RUSH tomorrow but it doesn't seem like people are having much luck getting in touch with them by phone or email.

lol that is ridiculous if that's the case...

Robizzle said:
lol that is ridiculous if that's the case...

:laugh:
It's funny that you wrote "if that's the case", like it is almost unbelievable. It's the truth. I also wrote on their that Jane Doe was writing me a LOR. Apparently she didn't sign her name with PhD after it b/c it said Jane Doe received. Therefore, even if I was presumptious and wrote PhD after all the names I'd have a column that said Jane Doe PhD not received, Jane Doe received. What a headache :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a similar problem. I'm supposed to have letters from John Doe I, John Doe II, and John Doe III. Here's what it says on my status page:

John Doe I not received
John Doe II not received
John Doe III not received
Packet from Career Center received

The packet from my career center contains the three letters, but for some reason they didn't open it to look inside. I emailed them about it twice already and still haven't gotten any response. This is so frustrating!

hlchess said:
I have a similar problem. I'm supposed to have letters from John Doe I, John Doe II, and John Doe III. Here's what it says on my status page:

John Doe I not received
John Doe II not received

The packet from my career center contains the three letters, but for some reason they didn't open it to look inside. I emailed them about it twice already and still haven't gotten any response. This is so frustrating!

If they are this much fun to deal with now imagine going to the school. You would think they would realize that they aren't making a very good first impression. But then again there are tons of people who will go wherever they get accepted. Hopefully you and I will have more than one choice :luck:

hlchess said:

John Doe I not received
John Doe II not received

Well they said if you had a letter packet, you were supposed to select the 'Committee Letter/Letter Packet' option, not 3 individual letters. This may be where your problem is coming in...

You would think after filling out that ridiculously long, waste of time, 63 essay question secondary that they would just hand you an acceptance, but NOOO....

Don't know anything about the LOR's but was really frustrated w/ Rush a couple of years ago when they were a huge pain in my application process.