• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

kiahs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2003
Chicago, Il
Status (Visible)
Just to change the topic a bit------Man I hate asking for these. I don't like being in that kiss butt, on pins and needles, what if he/she says no, situation; even if the person is willing to do it...it still feels wrong...any thoughts welcome...

kiahs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2003
Chicago, Il
Status (Visible)
I think the situation calls for butt kissing and regardless of whether the person likes you, knows you, or what have you...you are still in a compromising position. I asked people I know and have taken for multiple classes and they have gotten to know me very well but still inspite of all that I still felt like sucking up was expected which is why i wrote this post. This post isn't about me or if i had to suck up or what have you because i can't do it either the point is " if you know me very extermely well why make me go through that?" It more what you all think it's theoretically about..... My conclusion it's just that type of situation you have no control over what will happen.... more thoughts......

ASDIC

The 9th Flotilla
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2003
New Jersey
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i am in the same situation as you are in. There are some profs who want you to kiss their rear so they write an LOR. Apparently, they didnt get enuf attention in life, so its a way for them to get the attention when you kiss their rear.

Premeds are entering a respectable profession...kissing the rear directly conflicts the high regards that the profession upholds. At times kissing the rear is necessary to advance; but you must avoid it as much as you can.

So if a prof wants you to visit their office hours numerous times or they want you to write a paper say on govt policies etc...they are basically asking you to kiss thier rear. I tend to avoid such profs and I move on.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.