Losing my mind, academic crisis...damage control!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpaceHamsterBoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Transferred to a state university from a community college where I had A's in Bio, Chem, Organic, Physics, etc. I had a 3.77 gpa and a strong support network (parents). I've lived a sheltered life, never partied, never did chores, etc.

I moved to university and had to learn even how to do laundry, iron clothes, clean the bathroom, prepare food, etc. I got into partying as a Junior...this is not feasible at this point in my academic career but I have the mindset of a freshmen right now.

I partied every night for two weeks straight during Rush weeks. I failed HARD on two exams (200/300 level courses).

I am struggling to maintain a D in biochem. There is also a gen ed sociology course that I've missed class for 3 weeks in a row.

I'm debating on dropping biochem 1 right now, taking it again in the fall and then taking biochem 2 back to back after biochem 1. Or should I drop the gen ed and risk a C in biochem AS A BIOCHEM MAJOR!

If I drop Biochem 1, I have to take it alongside Calc II and Analytical Chem.

I'm lost and have no idea how to proceed. My adviser says risk a C/B in biochem. I think I should drop it and retake it since I've learned my lesson that I can't party as a Junior Pre-Med.

Members don't see this ad.

You can party as a junior pre-med you just don't seem to be very good at it. :hardy:

Sounds like you may not be able to handle rushing. I would probably drop biochem, as well.

Drop out of Biochem ASAP. You do not want to get a C or a B. The biggest thing is that you're going to take a hit in your gpa in a university after transferring from a community college. That is going to kill the credibility of your community college and your grades in that school. There's already this notion in medical schools that community college is a joke and your GPA drop is going to do nothing but strengthen that idea.