Lost hopes!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPMo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well spring semester grades came in...a whopping 2 Bs, 2Cs, and a D in gen chem 2. All this added to a 3.23 GPA from my 1st semester. I think I just lost any hopes I had for getting into med school. Anyone else in this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

First you need to figure out why you got those grades. What went wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was working way too much! And that D came from nowhere. I had no idea I was making that low of a grade and I've been trying to contact the professor but we know how that is.

How can a D come from nowhere?

Dude~ try to keep it up~ dont lose hopes~ u can do it for next time~
just try to dont fall again ~ do your best to not get it again and make an A row~ till u finish~ :) sounds easy~ but if u really want to make it to a medical school and it is what u really like then~ make the effort than nothing
keep it up!

You need to either change your habits or change your goals

Definately re-taking the class and im quitting my job asap! Looking to see if i can get an override into the summer chem class that way i can still take Orgo in fall

First of all, don't give up hope. Retake the classes, but be prepared to go for a masters degree to show that you can handle advanced science classes. There are a lot of roads to medical school, so don't give up on yourself yet.

Definately re-taking the class and im quitting my job asap! Looking to see if i can get an override into the summer chem class that way i can still take Orgo in fall

Work on your study habits and be more aware of your grades throughout the semester.

People have come back from worse.

Stay confident, re-take the D, figure out what went wrong: poor study habits? didn't understand the material and should go to office hours or ask questions? Don't let your ego get in the way from working with a tutor on campus. Working too much? Are you giving yourself a break at all?

Pull in good grades the rest of your way, be active in ECs/volunteer, and you'll be fine. The application cycle is a crap shoot for everyone, there are no guarantees. There's a kid in my program who had a 3.9 and a 37, got 6 interviews, and no acceptances or wait-lists. Why? Because he's a douche. Its more than a numbers game. Work hard and become known as some one who is both talented and puts in the effort, and is someone other people can count on, and you'll do fine. Demand success and strive for success.

Drop the job asap, I did the same thing when I first started my undergrad and work ate up too much time. There are always more loans and its better to get your degree done sooner, rather than risk retaking more classes in the future because of a job that probably pays horrid.