Lost that loving feeling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spooge

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pod School is like a swift kick to the nuts(and not in a goodway for all of the pervs out there). We all must get run over by the bus. We must feel the frustration. "The thrill of the win and the agony of defeat." I am actually defending the s--t-on-you system that we subscribe to. I am not saying that the more you are "s--t" on the better doctor you are. I am saying that we need to face adversity because it makes us a better/stronger person and therefore a better doctor.

As we rap up our first year, I know the second year is worse. I know that we will have more information that we care to remember shoved into us many different ways(probably sideways with no lub to ease the pain). But I also know that I am less than one year away from my white coat. So, throw me under the bus now so I can laugh off the attending who calls me a "grabasstic piece of amphibian s--t!" So, everyone who has been through this, and to everyone getting ready to join the ranks, you will/have already lose/lost that loving feeling, but it is for your own good.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry you feel that way. Hope it gets better for you. Yes, this has been my most academically challenging year ever, but I have not lost that loving feeling. I can't wait to get into path,pharm,micro... Second year is where all the diseases live and how to cure them. :love:

Pod School is like a swift kick to the nuts(and not in a goodway for all of the pervs out there). We all must get run over by the bus. We must feel the frustration. "The thrill of the win and the agony of defeat." I am actually defending the s--t-on-you system that we subscribe to. I am not saying that the more you are "s--t" on the better doctor you are. I am saying that we need to face adversity because it makes us a better/stronger person and therefore a better doctor.

As we rap up our first year, I know the second year is worse. I know that we will have more information that we care to remember shoved into us many different ways(probably sideways with no lub to ease the pain). But I also know that I am less than one year away from my white coat. So, throw me under the bus now so I can laugh off the attending who calls me a "grabasstic piece of amphibian s--t!" So, everyone who has been through this, and to everyone getting ready to join the ranks, you will/have already lose/lost that loving feeling, but it is for your own good.

Though it seems like it will never end, it will. Push through the boring/painful academic stuff and things get a lot better on the clinical side.

Members don't see this ad :)
... it is for your own good.
Most of the info you are learning will actually be useful and applicable in future classes or clinics (esp A&P). Some of it won't be as useful and is basically just trivia, but it's still possibly on the boards. I know basic sciences seem pretty hard sometimes, but what I quoted above is true. The people who fail classes and are dismissed probably wouldn't have passed boards or future courses anyways, so they mised well cut their losses and be done with it.

You will probably like the program a lot more once you get done with pt1 boards and on to clinicals. It's still hard, but at least a higher % of the info you are taught in 3rd and 4th year will be directly related to what you will be doing for a career. Hang in there... and quit being so dam dramatic until you actually have a legit reason to be during your finals at the end of the 2nd year fall sememster :D

First year was the most challenging for me. After that it seemed to get easier and easier.

I can't wait to get into path,pharm,micro... Second year is where all the diseases live and how to cure them. :love:

Wait, dont you guys take Micro in first year? We just finished our Micro final yesterday. Lol Mr.Cool_vkb ended up with an "A in microbes" :D

But the real question is, do you honestly think that by graduating pod school, residency etc you will no longer be run over by the pod bus?

How many years of nut kicking can one sporting fellow entertain?

whiskers,

Hopefully this fellow can entertain six more years of nut kicking. Then I want to walk away wanting to make it better for future pods. When I say that I have lost that loving feeling, I am refering to the one when I was a young buck shadowing the pods and moving from patient to patient and OR to OR. So I hope only one more year of crap then the nut kicking will be padded for five years after that as long as I am doing something besides studying and recalling.

But the real question is, do you honestly think that by graduating pod school, residency etc you will no longer be run over by the pod bus?

How many years of nut kicking can one sporting fellow entertain?

I guess your nuts can only get kicked if you leave them out in the open...

You drop your pants when you step into the classroom and volunteer to go through the flexnarian model of medical education!:)

cryptorchidism??

Oh yeah?

Well they got these little guys that can crawl right up your @@@ and kick you in the nutz and they won't come back out.

So try explaining that one to the ER docs after the X-rays are read./