Lost

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mrbojangles

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone catch the season premier tonight? I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. What was up with the whole beginning with some guy making breakfeast in the hatch? And the re-introduction of the same guy after Jack runs accross him in the stadium. It's some weird ****. Can't wait to see what they show next week.

Btw I would have posted this in the lounge but has the lounge been deleted?

Members don't see this ad.

That was an awesome season premiere. The concept of what the hatch leads to is quite intriguing but I'm still stumped on the significance of why it's there on an island or how people got there. It's interesting how people whom the characters met end up getting turning up again in these contexts.

"Who am I? Why am I here?" -Admiral Stockdale

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely awesome!!! That was very intense. Now I need to do something to wind down before bed.

I went to the ABC boards to read some comments but they are running really really slow. Apparently I am not the only person doing this. :)

I could move this to the lounge but, eh, whatever. There are enough Lost fans on this forum who seem to like to talk about it to each other I think we can let it be.

yaah said:
I could move this to the lounge but, eh, whatever. There are enough Lost fans on this forum who seem to like to talk about it to each other I think we can let it be.
I think it adds a little something to the atmosphere :)

Now if only someone would discuss Harry Potters I to VI with me...

deschutes said:
I think it adds a little something to the atmosphere :)

Now if only someone would discuss Harry Potters I to VI with me...

I will! I love Harry Potter!

Who is R.A.B.??

I think it is Regulus black, sirius' brother. He is briefly mentioned at the start of 6, and it is said that he escaped voldemorts control briefly before being killed. I still need to look in 5 to confirm this with the part where harry and sirius are looking at the family tree.

in regards to lost, did anyone notice that the logo on desmonds shirt when he is in the stadium matches the logo on the shirt he pulls on in the start after the explosion? I still need to go back and replay walt to see if i can make out what he said to shannon.

Pingu said:
in regards to lost, did anyone notice that the logo on desmonds shirt when he is in the stadium matches the logo on the shirt he pulls on in the start after the explosion? I still need to go back and replay walt to see if i can make out what he said to shannon.
yes

Pingu said:

I didn't notice the shirt - good catch!

I replayed Walt but couldn't get anything. And my closed captioning said "unintelligible whispering."

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
Yeah, then you'd have to move your random thread there too.

yaah said:
It's not my random thread anymore. I have lost control of it.
What do you mean? You're the f*cking mod. And you created the thread. You can do whatever you want.

I don't suggest that you close the thread though. Then the overexuberant silliness may spread to other serious threads.

AndyMilonakis said:
Yeah, then you'd have to move your random thread there too.

If the thread is moved, there will be repercussions.. serious repercussions...

I'm bumping the thread in anticipation of the new episode of lost tonight. My Tivo preview says that the guys on the raft will discover a new monster in the ocean! Hooray! more lost!

Pingu said:
I'm bumping the thread in anticipation of the new episode of lost tonight. My Tivo preview says that the guys on the raft will discover a new monster in the ocean! Hooray! more lost!
Amen to that! I got in extra early today so that I could cut all my specimens in and come home to catch the show! Looking forward to it.

Pingu said:

I wonder if that control room in the hatch is responsible for all the supernatural happenings in the island and off of it.

Pingu said:

Awesome!! Another monster!! I am very much looking forward to it!

Mrbojangles said:
I wonder if that control room in the hatch is responsible for all the supernatural happenings in the island and off of it.

Could be. Did you folks have the impression that the dude down there (Desmond) has been down there since approximately the early 80s?

I want to press the button. Now seriously, why would locke tell jack not to press the button if there was no command at the prompt? Hitting execute would have done nothing.

I think that the hatch has something to do with all the stuff happening, but i don't think it can be the be all, end all. I think that that is what they want us to think, but i think there is more to it.

beary said:
Could be. Did you folks have the impression that the dude down there (Desmond) has been down there since approximately the early 80s?
I've said this already. The people on the island are dead. They are in purgutory and Desmond is Satan. Desmond and his fellow demons are just f*cking with them like it's one big experiment!

beary said:

70s or 80s. There was a lava lamp and he was playing records. The exercise bike looked old and so did the blender lol.

I do not concur andy! I think they are alive and something bizarre is going on.
in other thoughts, sawyer :love: :love:

AndyMilonakis said:
I've said this already. The people on the island are dead. They are in purgutory and Desmond is Satan. Desmond and his fellow demons are just f*cking with them like it's one big experiment!

No way. That would be too lame. I have been a fan of JJ Abrams for years and he wouldn't do something that would be so disappointing at the end.

Pingu said:
in other thoughts, sawyer :love: :love:

He is absolutely gorgeous. I usually prefer clean-cut/clean-shaven type guys, but I will make an exception for him. ;)

Josh%20Holloway.jpg

He's just so bad. He looked really hot when they were leaving on the raft and he had his hair pulled back. I have determined that I have a weakness for bad boys. :love:

One theory is there is a large electromagnet embedded in the island.

Also the computer was RUNNING DOS....HAHA that is dated.

BrettBatchelor said:
One theory is there is a large electromagnet embedded in the island.

Interesting. How would the electromagnet cause all these strange things (like Locke being able to walk, etc.)?

I dunno but it could explain why so many planes crash there (equipment interference).
Also with the black particle "monster" could have been like iron filings that were aligned and attracted towards the magnet.

As for locke, maybe he has metal rods implanted in his legs? who knows.

I hope it isnt a supernatural bs reason.

What was that all about? Angry natives with home made maces? I think the code Desmond made Locke enter has something to do with stopping time in the hatch or something.

Mrbojangles said:
What was that all about? Angry natives with home made maces? I think the code Desmond made Locke enter has something to do with stopping time in the hatch or something.
That code...aren't those the..."numbers"?

This season is getting all weird.

And this episode was a bad case of perseveration.

AndyMilonakis said:
That code...aren't those the..."numbers"?

This season is getting all weird.

And this episode was a bad case of perseveration.

I think so. The three amigos either landed on a different island or the same island at a different time. Throw in parallel universe in the list of possibilities :laugh:.

Mrbojangles said:
I think so. The three amigos either landed on a different island or the same island at a different time. Throw in parallel universe in the list of possibilities :laugh:.
It is a pretty big island. Maybe the whole show is about a bunch of stranded idiots who end up getting into fights with the natives.

So now we have 4 groups of people: the stranded, the "others", desmond, and the natives. It'll be interesting how it all fits together.

Anyone have a clue of how many episodes are in this season?

AndyMilonakis said:
So now we have 4 groups of people: the stranded, the "others", desmond, and the natives. It'll be interesting how it all fits together.

I thought that the "others" and the natives were the same people. I'm not sure why I thought that - I guess I just assumed.

beary said:
I thought that the "others" and the natives were the same people. I'm not sure why I thought that - I guess I just assumed.
The natives are too poor to have a boat.

Haha well they have you all hooked now, so just like 24 they are going to have the occasional crap episode that doesn't reveal anything and is disappointing, because they know they can spread out the good stuff.

It'd be kind of lame if the three guys just landed on a different part of the island and they just haven't ran into any of the natives all this time (Ethan?). I still think there is a time twist in all of this. Why did Desmond's apartment turn old as soon as they broke into the hatch.

Remember, they've all acknowledged it's a bigass island and that no one goes to the black territories (or whatever it was called where that ship was). I mean think of all the stuff that they've found running around the island: the plane, the ship with dynamite, the caves. They've never run into the 'others' and where they stay unless the others want something to do with them. Plus the chick in the hole said 'flight 815' so either she's be slipped to the same alternate time as sawyer :love: and mike AND jin(which seems unlikely as jin and the other two were separated as was the girl, so we're talking three space-time continums that ALL wind up at the same time? No, it's a new part of the island, maybe the dark territories and the natives are immune to whatever it is and whatever desmond injects may be serum from the natives who are immune.

I'm more disturbed by the polar bear that mike gave walt as a child. There is something with the polar bear he gave him, the one they shot, and the one in hurley's comic book. Also, they candy bars kate was eating were called 'apollo' which may be another clue as to what was going on. She also moved the unmarked crates to climb on and i think those might contain something good.

Bumping for discussion of this week's episode. Dharma project? Fixing a computer in 4 minutes or less?

Anyone else think the large african american man with the club is rose's husband?

Pingu said:
Bumping for discussion of this week's episode. Dharma project? Fixing a computer in 4 minutes or less?

Anyone else think the large african american man with the club is rose's husband?

Interesting idea about the dude with the club!!! That hadn't even occured to me. I thought this was a crazy episode. Seems like originally it was some type of social-science research project. What I didn't get is the girl who was with the "others." If she wasn't on the plane, how did she know the flight number and stuff?

Pingu said:

I think that the LOST cast and the "others" are going to fight it out over the prisoners eventually; the hatch is loaded with guns and stuff that Kate found. I think they are building up for an all island "armagedon-style" war that will either blow everyone up or have Jack dispell and peace will triumph (endearing human spirit, yadda, yadda, yadda). I did have a chuckle that the "destiny" the bald guy was looking for is now pressing some random button. That really is a social science experiment gone wild- the fear of the unknown is so great that desmond (and now the bald guy) stay there, sleep only in short spurts, and drive themsleves mad eventually (wait, that kinda sounds like internal medicine).