Lost

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AngryTesticle said:
There was a new episode last week?

Yes!! One of the main characters died (I won't tell you who, in case you are going to watch it later).

Members don't see this ad.

beary said:
Yes!! One of the main characters died (I won't tell you who, in case you are going to watch it later).
****...I thought the new episode was this week. Guess it's time to go download that sucka during commercial

well wonderful...now i know who died in last week's new episode.

Members don't see this ad :)
I missed the first 40 minutes of tonight's episode. What's with the others in trying to pose as one of the survivors? I geuss Ethan wanted to take Claire's baby, but why did the guy who looks like John Denver wanted to infiltrate the tail end survivors? Was Mr Eko taken by the others and escaped?

Mrbojangles said:
I missed the first 40 minutes of tonight's episode. What's with the others in trying to pose as one of the survivors? I geuss Ethan wanted to take Claire's baby, but why did the guy who looks like John Denver wanted to infiltrate the tail end survivors? Was Mr Eko taken by the others and escaped?
The "others" like to take kids because "they are safe" and not bad people (John Denver was confronted by Anna-Lucia and admitted that they had a list of people...and those who were bad people were not on the list). In the second group of survivors, there was a little boy and girl...who were abducted by the "others".

This "list" thing further makes me think more about my "purgatory" hypothesis. I see the list as some sort of Book of Life; those who are on the list are saved if one wants to think of religious overtones. Plus, a plane splits in mid air and you have many survivors. Usually when a plane crashes, nobody survives and it is considered a miracle if one person survives. And they crash on this mysterious island where the "others" have much knowledge about those who were on the plane. Sounds illogical, doesn't it?

The thing I don't get is that the others came and took a bunch of people from the tail section people, but barely any from the front section people. So are all the front section people bad?

I started to like ana lucia a little bit more after watching last night's episode. Although she is going to have an iraqi torture expert to deal with.

I think John Denver was honest with ana lucia when she asked him all of the questions. Eko and ana lucia also proved that the others CAN be killed and thus are mortal.

Pingu said:
Eko and ana lucia also proved that the others CAN be killed and thus are mortal.

I was thinking about that too. How does that fit with them not leaving tracks? :confused:

Pingu said:
The thing I don't get is that the others came and took a bunch of people from the tail section people, but barely any from the front section people. So are all the front section people bad?
I don't think they're all bad but you have seen in season one that many of the front section people have some interesting histories (the convict, manwhore, glutton, etc.)

Pingu said:

I read an interesting theory that the monster/security system actually provides protection from the others. The front people have had a bunch of run-ins with the monster, and almost none of them have been taken. But the tail people apparently never saw the monster, and they all got picked off. Of course, you can't get too close to the monster/security system (pilot and Locke).

Bumping for tonights new episode, where sayid will beat the crap out of ana lucia for shooting his piece of pie.

beary said:
I read an interesting theory that the monster/security system actually provides protection from the others. The front people have had a bunch of run-ins with the monster, and almost none of them have been taken. But the tail people apparently never saw the monster, and they all got picked off. Of course, you can't get too close to the monster/security system (pilot and Locke).

Good point. When they (Ana Lucia, Sawyer, etc) were walking back to the nose-end camp going inland, the monster was never an issue.

Pingu said:
Bumping for tonights new episode, where sayid will beat the crap out of ana lucia for shooting his piece of pie.

But in the previews there is a shot with Sayed tied to a tree with Ana Lucia hovering over him.

Went to visit someone today. Lost was a topic of discussion and I was shown this site. This is the most interesting theory about the island I have seen in a long time. Click on the link below at your own risk (if you dare...if this theory is right, then this is a spoiler and you may not want to click on this).

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377&highlight=ultimate+theory

Did anybody see Lost tonight? I thought it was a great episode. Nice to finally get to see more of the Others.

My first instinct when I saw all the torches light up and go out at once was that they were all hooked together on a single fuse or something. So then there may be only 6-7 others (the ones we saw walking and on the boat).

Members don't see this ad :)
beary said:
Did anybody see Lost tonight? I thought it was a great episode. Nice to finally get to see more of the Others.

My first instinct when I saw all the torches light up and go out at once was that they were all hooked together on a single fuse or something. So then there may be only 6-7 others (the ones we saw walking and on the boat).
Oh shucks, I totally forgot about a new episode last night...ended up going out to dinner last night and I got back around when the show ended. Oh well, I guess I'll have to watch the downloaded episode tonight when I get back home.

See, that's the problem with this show, new episodes seem to happen quite infrequently. It's not like 24 where you have a new episode every week...with Lost, it's easy to kinda forget about it because you can go a whole month(!) without a new episode. Why do they do this??? The testicle is certainly not pleased with these kind of shenanigans!

beary said:

Wandering in from another board.... :D
What's with all the Jack flashbacks? Enough already. :mad: I was shocked to learn that Jack was still only a chief resident. That means on the prior flashbacks he was a resident, too. Extremely unrealistic as far as I'm concerned, esp when he tells his wife "I'll work less." :eek:

I wonder what happened to Michael. :(

AngryTesticle said:
Oh shucks, I totally forgot about a new episode last night...ended up going out to dinner last night and I got back around when the show ended. Oh well, I guess I'll have to watch the downloaded episode tonight when I get back home.
Testicle,

Where do you download the episodes from?

GoofyDoc said:
What's with all the Jack flashbacks? Enough already. :mad: I was shocked to learn that Jack was still only a chief resident. That means on the prior flashbacks he was a resident, too. Extremely unrealistic as far as I'm concerned, esp when he tells his wife "I'll work less." :eek:

I wonder what happened to Michael. :(

I totally agree about the Jack flashbacks, though he looked really fine in that red shirt at the end. :D

Yeah, the whole resident thing was totally unrealistic. Like someone would travel all the way around the world to see a resident.

I actually wouldn't mind if Michael is lost/kidnapped for a while. He gets on my nerves. All he ever says is "Walt!" and "They took my son!"

You can tell that the writers are starting to milk the storyline and it is getting on my nerves. The "others" meet you in the woods and don't ask anything about how they got there etc. Even if they would have shown them asking and the others telling them no I would have been satisfied.

I am beginning to lose interest almost to the point of waiting until it gets cancelled and binge watch the entire series.

beary said:
I actually wouldn't mind if Michael is lost/kidnapped for a while. He gets on my nerves. All he ever says is "Walt!" and "They took my son!"
I don't mind Michael that much. Having a child kidnapped/hurt is the worst thing that could happen to any parent. I actually shudder every time they portray a child in danger, like they did with Clare's baby in the preview. I don't know how I'm going to sit thru that.

I'll tell you what really annoys me: Why does Kate have to stick herself into every freaking situation? Too bad the others let her go. And why are Sun and Clare always sparkling clean with nice hair and fresh makeup? Come on, they've been out on a tropical island for two months!!

Other than those brief complaints, I love the show. :love:

To Brett,

I don't remember where I read this, but rumor has it that the makers of "Lost" get their ideas by reading the fansites.

GoofyDoc said:
I don't mind Michael that much. Having a child kidnapped/hurt is the worst thing that could happen to any parent. I actually shudder every time they portray a child in danger, like they did with Clare's baby in the preview. I don't know how I'm going to sit thru that.

I'll tell you what really annoys me: Why does Kate have to stick herself into every freaking situation? Too bad the others let her go. And why are Sun and Clare always sparkling clean with nice hair and fresh makeup? Come on, they've been out on a tropical island for two months!!

Other than those brief complaints, I love the show. :love:

To Brett,

I don't remember where I read this, but rumor has it that the makers of "Lost" get their ideas by reading the fansites.
Ha. If that's the case, I hope they read this post and start revealing more. The show can't go on forever!

Nikki2002 said:
have u seen his bro on dancing w/ the stars?? they def. got some sexy genes

I have never seen that show, but saw his brother on Newlyweds some. He's cute too.

Wow this thread became lame kinda like last week's episode ;) :p

AngryTesticle said:
Wow this thread became lame kinda like last week's episode ;) :p

I still have not seen last week's episode, but have heard from everybody that it sucked. Since I am a full fledged Lost addict though, I will watch it anyway. :oops:

Ok so Locke didn't enter the code in the computer until after time expired. But then the timer restarted after he pressed a few buttons. What the hell was that about? Oh so is everything OK and peachy now since the timer was reset back to 108?

That was a good epsiode last night. Pretty intense.

Maybe the timer gives you an extra few seconds to enter the code. And what was up with the timer turning into a slot machine with red owls and red rockets. What was up with that look the snivelling Minnesota guy gave Sayid after the beatdown?

Mrbojangles said:
Maybe the timer gives you an extra few seconds to enter the code. And what was up with the timer turning into a slot machine with red owls and red rockets. What was up with that look the snivelling Minnesota guy gave Sayid after the beatdown?

I guess the slot machine had actual Egyptian hieroglyphics on it. Haven't seen what it meant yet.

The Minnesota guy is an Other. I think this because he is only ever cast as a psychopath.

beary said:
I guess the slot machine had actual Egyptian hieroglyphics on it. Haven't seen what it meant yet.

The Minnesota guy is an Other. I think this because he is only ever cast as a psychopath.
Was Mr. Minnesotan wearing shoes? I never thought of paying attention to that until after the episode was over. The look he gave Sayid definitely seemed like it was a "you found me out" kind of look.

Someone please kill Jack already. He was cool last season but now I'm so tired of his whiny self-righteous crap I wish Sawyer would slap him to his senses. It seems everybody is getting loonier as the season wears on. They need to elect an official leader before some serious damage is done.

Oh, and what's with the Sawyer frog-smooshing incident? Wouldn't that frog be poisonous?

Anyone catched last night's episode? Those three were pretty stupid going to search for the balloon. You'd think they'd think about the possibility that the Minnesota guy was setting them up. I geuss any time you have the Hobbit on the mission you pretty much screwed. As for the immaculate conception... well I'm not going to dignify it with a comment :laugh:. Don't get me wrong I'm really hooked and will continue to watch!

Everybody pumped up for tonight's episode??!! Looks like a lot happens!

Of course, it has looked like that before. :rolleyes:

Wow, fabulous episode!

What do you all get from the map of the hatches?
blastDoorMap.jpg

I actually started liking Henry this episode. Despite the fact that he was lying about his identity, I'm convinced now he's a good guy. But then I'm a softie. :oops:

And poor Locke. :(

That was pretty intense at the end. Sayid is a mofo you don't f*** with.

What was up with the second hot air balloon though? All of a sudden between the beach and the hatch they see a second downed hot air balloon?

I kept expecting Henry to bash Locke's head in at some point. You wonder why Locke asked for Hentry's help so soon and promised to not let anyone hurt him.

There are so many potential story lines. It's a year and a half and we still don't know what's up with the island.

Mrbojangles said:
What was up with the second hot air balloon though? All of a sudden between the beach and the hatch they see a second downed hot air balloon?

I kept expecting Henry to bash Locke's head in at some point. You wonder why Locke asked for Hentry's help so soon and promised to not let anyone hurt him.

I was under the impression that the second hot air balloon was a parachute with a food drop. I think it must have just happened since it was so close to the beach.

I didn't understand why Locke asked for Henry's help either. Why didn't he just go out through the vent to push the button himself without worrying about the blast door?

I was under the impression that there would be a new episode last night. Good thing there wasn't since my VCR recorder didn't work.

It's weird how Locke has to have something to believe in. First the hatch, then the numbers, now a funny map that lit up under UV or some blue light. I wonder what road that will take him. And based on the previews I was surprised Michael was subtle enough to scout out the Others and return back without getting killed.

I thought tonight's Lost was one of the worst ever until the very end. Unfortunately, my Tivo cut it off just as Michael was entering the numbers to go into see Henry. What happened after that? Thanks!

beary said:
I thought tonight's Lost was one of the worst ever until the very end. Unfortunately, my Tivo cut it off just as Michael was entering the numbers to go into see Henry. What happened after that? Thanks!
Looked like he shot himself. or Henry.

He shot himself in the arm and gave henry a 'look'. Next week shows him with a bandaged arm, so i guess he is now one of the others...i had suspected they would consider him 'good' since he has learned to love walt.

He is obviously leading them into a trap. :eek:

I think too that the others converted Michael because they lured him to them, just like Henry was supposed to get Locke. But I was definitely blown away by the ending. I didn't get who was the blond woman Jack's dad was arguing with though.

I've heard it is supposed to be claire's mother, which would make claire and jack half-siblings.

I think they struck a deal with michael over walt or brainwashed him, like they did claire.

I thought maybe Michael pulled that stunt with making it look like Henry killed Ana Lucia, wounding him, and escaping to try to convince Jack and crew to confront the Others and get back Walt. Just to throw a monkey wrench in this whole Flight 179ers vs Others thing. But I geuss it makes most sense that Michael is now working for the Others and leading them into a trap. My question is why would Henry escape when at least he's afforded some protection in the Hatch? And if Michael was with the Others shouldn't he have killed Henry too?

I wonder why they killed off that Libby chick. Now we wont find out her story of being in a mental institution.

I've also heard that libby is not dead, that the blankets she was holding somehow deflected the bullets and next week or soon thereafter will be her story.

I haven't figured out what is up with michael but he is apparently crazy enough to shoot himself in the arm, which is pretty fricking crazy.

I am just so glad that AnaLucia died. Michelle Rodriguez is a terrible actress, in my opinion. She only has one facial expression.

beary said:
I am just so glad that AnaLucia died. Michelle Rodriguez is a terrible actress, in my opinion. She only has one facial expression.
LOL, that's so true. I got so friggin tired of her constant scowl. I actually rewatched the episode, and now I don't think Michael is brainwashed anymore. I think the others must have threatened him or struck a deal with him because he was clearly distressed by what he was doing when he shot Al and Libby.