Louisiana State University SVM Class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any OOS accepted people paid the deposit already? I keep trying to open it using the link that they provided on the status check system but for some reason it keeps pulling up an error page.

Also, does anyone know good places to live near the vet school or any apartments that vet students frequently live in? Just starting to look into where I might live next year :)
I'm still waiting to hear from a few more schools before I can commit. Maybe you should email the admissions department?

Also, have you heard anything about financial aid or the admitted students day yet? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Can any current students comment on the facilities in the SVM? I toured last week and noticed that parts of the building seem a little old/cramped versus some of the schools with newer construction, and I was wondering if that had any effect on daily operations/y'alls experience? I loovvveed the school outside of this minor bit.

Most people live south of the vet school or in garden/mid city - but they will have an admitted students day where they will go over all of that with you all! You will also get added to a vet school facebook page etc and there will be people to help you there too!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students comment on the facilities in the SVM? I toured last week and noticed that parts of the building seem a little old/cramped versus some of the schools with newer construction, and I was wondering if that had any effect on daily operations/y'alls experience? I loovvveed the school outside of this minor bit.
So the new SA clinic will be ready probably by the time you get here - and the LA hospital is being renovated starting shortly and will be ready by the time yall get to clinics! The pathology and diagnostic lab is all brand new and really nice - but yes some stuff is older! Hasn't been an issue so far.

Can a current student give a little information just on their experience in classes, with professors, living in Baton Rouge, and their study habits. I am from out of state and a much smaller under grad school and was super overwhelmed by just the sheer size of the school when i went and would love to get the inside scoop on the average LSU vet students life.

Hopefully IS hears this week!!! Should be any day now

Can a current student give a little information just on their experience in classes, with professors, living in Baton Rouge, and their study habits. I am from out of state and a much smaller under grad school and was super overwhelmed by just the sheer size of the school when i went and would love to get the inside scoop on the average LSU vet students life.
Hey! So little background I am an in-state student and did get into a few other schools. I wanted to go to another school and not LSU cause I loved the other ones so much. HOWEVER - I am so happy that I ended up at LSU. We are one of the most funded research veterinary schools and have a really positive environment. We also won HEIB award for our DEIB work. (also have one of the best wildlife programs and massive hospital caseloads) I've personally have excelled here. I did also come from a small liberal arts university and while LSU itself is large - the vet school is set off on its own little land and so it feels VERY small. You will know everyone LOL. We have a stellar anatomy team - but like any vet school, there are some less than stellar professors too. We all study either as groups, on our own, etc really whatever works for you. I personally mix my studying between coffee shops and the school but some prefer to study at home. Any vet school is going to have positives or negatives but I am happy I ended up here! Please feel free to ask about any concerns or questions. Feel free to DM me too :) Also at the end of the day if there is anything I've learned from my peers at other schools there are problems at every single vet school and positives at them too - at the end of the day the debt load isn't worth just a few perks.)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! So little background I am an in-state student and did get into a few other schools. I wanted to go to another school and not LSU cause I loved the other ones so much. HOWEVER - I am so happy that I ended up at LSU. We are one of the most funded research veterinary schools and have a really positive environment. We also won HEIB award for our DEIB work. (also have one of the best wildlife programs and massive hospital caseloads) I've personally have excelled here. I did also come from a small liberal arts university and while LSU itself is large - the vet school is set off on its own little land and so it feels VERY small. You will know everyone LOL. We have a stellar anatomy team - but like any vet school, there are some less than stellar professors too. We all study either as groups, on our own, etc really whatever works for you. I personally mix my studying between coffee shops and the school but some prefer to study at home. Any vet school is going to have positives or negatives but I am happy I ended up here! Please feel free to ask about any concerns or questions. Feel free to DM me too :) Also at the end of the day if there is anything I've learned from my peers at other schools there are problems at every single vet school and positives at them too - at the end of the day the debt load isn't worth just a few perks.)
Thanks for the very useful information! Do you know when we get our financial aid package? Also, do we need to accept first?

Thanks for the very useful information! Do you know when we get our financial aid package? Also, do we need to accept first?
HMM I cannot exactly recall (but please make sure you already have your FASFA done) I would reach out to Karena and she should be able to tell you. There are very very few 1st-year scholarships most are for 2nd+ up. But if choosing between OOS schools very helpful to have that information.

Do you know about their equine programs?

Do you know about their equine programs?
Do you mean for students to participate in or just the quality of equine education? I was on the ECC Foal team and learned a ton and we have SO MANY great equine faculty. I do not want to practice equine med but feel comfortable with equine med because of the instruction (that being said I know Minnesota is killing the game in equine med LOL but just remember you get general information in your DVM and your specialty knowledge after)

Members don't see this ad :)
IS ACCEPTANCE! can’t wait to meet you all💜💜

Reactions: 5 users
IS ACCEPTANCE!!!! Still can’t believe it

Reactions: 3 users
Have any in-state, who accepted their offer, gotten another email about moving forward with the process?

Have any in-state, who accepted their offer, gotten another email about moving forward with the process?
I am an OOS student, but I receive the accepted student day email this morning (March 26).

Have any OOS accepted people paid the deposit already? I keep trying to open it using the link that they provided on the status check system but for some reason it keeps pulling up an error page.

Also, does anyone know good places to live near the vet school or any apartments that vet students frequently live in? Just starting to look into where I might live next year :)
Hi! Did you ever figure this link out?

my friend is on the IS waitlist, and i was wondering if any of ya’ll know how fast the list goes?😬

my friend is on the IS waitlist, and i was wondering if any of ya’ll know how fast the list goes?😬
I think IS moves less than OOS so it might depend on their rank, but hopefully as all schools finally release decisions waitlists will start moving!

I think IS moves less than OOS so it might depend on their rank, but hopefully as all schools finally release decisions waitlists will start moving!
she’s #5, so we’re trying to be very hopefully lol!!

she’s #5, so we’re trying to be very hopefully lol!!
Sounds like you both have a fairly good chance! Hopefully as April 15th nears we all will see some movement, I wish y'all the best!

Hi! Did you ever figure this link out?
I emailed Karena through the lsu admissions email and she sent me another link! It’s the same website that with payed the lsu application fee on!

I emailed Karena through the lsu admissions email and she sent me another link! It’s the same website that with payed the lsu application fee on!
Would you mind sharing the link here? I'm still waiting for one more school before I commit, but they are notifying us in late March/April. Thanks!

I withdrew my waitlist spot! Hopefully one of you get in!

Don't forget the sign up for the accepted student preview day goes out today at noon ish! Hope to see some of y'all there! :D

• Love
Would you mind sharing the link here? I'm still waiting for one more school before I commit, but they are notifying us in late March/April. Thanks!
So I think LSU has changed up their entire web page because the website looks completely different. I went to the link I was sent, which worked originally, and now it says that the web page cannot be found! I would try to ask through the SVM email if they have a new link! Sorry I couldn’t be of more help!

https://www.lsu.edu/vetmed/dvm_admissions/how_to_apply/index.php#fee this is the link I was sent

Hey guys just wanted to let you all know that they created a facebook group for LSU SVM class of 2026!

Reactions: 2 users
Update: There was an email sent back in November from lsu svm to provide additional information. Hotmail blocked it. If anyone can find the email and post that link or forward the email to me, I will be eternally grateful! I called Karena and gave her my SSN, but just in case there's additional information I need to add.

Hi! In the email Karena just sent, I'm not sure what she is referring to with regards to a portal to input our SSN.

"As long as you sent us your SSN a few months ago via the portal we sent out, we are working to get you into the LSU system."

Did other people get an email with a portal link? Maybe I'm just confused... thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent the email declining my OOS seat today - I hope one of y'all gets pulled off the OOS waitlist!

Hi everyone -- I just got an email about setting up myLSU login in order to view financial aid package (not yet available). Just wanted to let you know to look for it in case your school/hotmail email randomly deletes emails like mine does :)

It was from [email protected].

Also just declined my OOS spot. Good luck to all!

• Care
Has anyone heard anything from IS waitlists or have been pulled off yet? I’m #3 :/

Has anyone heard anything from IS waitlists or have been pulled off yet? I’m #3 :/
I'm OOS but they just emailed us reminding us of the deadline and asking us to please let them know so they can get to people on the waitlist. I hope you hear soon!

I haven’t heard anything yet. I emailed Karena last week and she said that it moved up by 1. I’m still waiting to see if there’s anymore movement this week since it’s after April 15th, but we shall see

Hey everyone! I just wanted to give an update as of 5/5 in case you were wondering about the IS waitlist. I originally started at #3 and I am now #2. The class is full now, so I’m not expecting to be pulled off, but I wanted to let y’all know!

Does anyone know what the top 150 OOS cut off was last year GPA wise?