Louisiana State University SVM Class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miller225

Reaction score
Hey guys! I noticed the class of 2026 vet school threads have started so I wanted to go ahead and make one for LSU!!! Good luck to all applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

First time IS applicant! Already freaking out over the nerves :sick:

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone's application no longer being processed? Or has anyone been offered an interview yet?

Is anyone's application no longer being processed? Or has anyone been offered an interview yet?
last year mine changed to "folder under review" October 6th but It hasn't changed yet, probably because the deadline was extended!

Reactions: 1 users
last year mine changed to "folder under review" October 6th but It hasn't changed yet, probably because the deadline was extended!
Well I was hoping today may be the day based on your experiences but maybe not 😅

Reactions: 1 user
My portal just updated that my OOS app didn't make the ranked top 150 cut (of 500), so would not be reviewed :-(
Kind of a bummer that they don't lay human eyes on all of the apps that meet their qualifications, sort of a waste of a lot and time and money

My portal just updated that my OOS app didn't make the ranked top 150 cut (of 500), so would not be reviewed :-(
Kind of a bummer that they don't lay human eyes on all of the apps that meet their qualifications, sort of a waste of a lot and time and money
I also did not make the cut. It is a bum deal, but they do mention their process on the website. It would be great if they did a full review of all files. They must consider grades far more important than experiences.

I also did not make the cut. It is a bum deal, but they do mention their process on the website. It would be great if they did a full review of all files. They must consider grades far more important than experiences.
I saw on the website, was just hoping for better news ugh! Just needed to vent a bit haha! The review would've been awesome if available.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw on the website, was just hoping for better news ugh! Just needed to vent a bit haha! The review would've been awesome if available.
I totally understand, its a bummer and super disappointing they only reviewed 150 this year. It looks like some years the review up to 300.

Hello everyone! OOS applicant in folder review. Has anyone's status been updated since Nov 1st? Also, did anyone ever get an email requesting SSN? Thanks :)

Any news yet? Last cycle they heard on 12/17. The cycle before that was 12/20. I'm wondering how the 2 week delay will affect decision releases.

Any news yet? Last cycle they heard on 12/17. The cycle before that was 12/20. I'm wondering how the 2 week delay will affect decision releases.
I’m hoping before christmas!🤞🏼

• Love
Anyone care to share their interview dates? Mine is Jan 25!!

Hey! I’m also an OOS alternate! Do you know if we can ever know our ranking or how many people are on it total?
Yeah we will know our rank probably this month. They will send an email with it, and I’m pretty sure it will give us a number.

They emailed ranks today, guys!

class of 2025 IS student here !! if anyone has any questions about lsu let me know

hey everyone! i’m thinking of lsu, but i’m just curious why ya’ll decided to apply/go to lsu vet school! thank you

hey everyone! i’m thinking of lsu, but i’m just curious why ya’ll decided to apply/go to lsu vet school! thank you
In state tuition + it’s a really good vet school. The clinic I work at has 2 vets from LSU & the others from out of state schools, and the LSU vets are my personal favorite in the way they diagnose & communicate. Very efficient but thorough.

Does anyone know how many people generally get off the oos waitlist? Thanks!

Hoping we’ll hear within the next 2 weeks!!😬 So nervous waiting

Hi I was accepted as OOS and was wondering if any current students or IS students are watching this thread that could tell me a little more about the school. I originally applied because they had a good wildlife/exotic/zoo program and I’m ecstatic I got in but I’m from PA so my knowledge of the area and school is slim. Even just why you chose LSU would be helpful!

Last edited:
Hi I was accepted as OOS and was wondering if any current students or IS students are watching this thread that could tell me a little more about the school. I originally applied because they had a good wildlife/exotic/zoo program and I’m ecstatic I got in but I’m from PA so my knowledge of the area and school is slim. Even just why you chose LSU would be helpful!
Feel free to PM me with any questions you have :)

• Care
I’m also OOS accepted and would love to be a part of this chat if that’s ok! 🥺
Hey I tagged you cuz I'm not sure how else to add you. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll just start new conversation ☺️

Does anyone know how much their OOS waitlist normally moves? I’m in the 60s and want to know if there’s hope lol

Have any OOS accepted people paid the deposit already? I keep trying to open it using the link that they provided on the status check system but for some reason it keeps pulling up an error page.

Also, does anyone know good places to live near the vet school or any apartments that vet students frequently live in? Just starting to look into where I might live next year :)