Louisville Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IUbtown

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Congrats to all who got accepted. I got on the "NTBC" list. I was wondering if anyone knew how this list worked. Is Louisville planning on interviewing more people? How many acceptances did they send out on Dec 1st? How many people did they put on the "NTBC" list?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I could be wrong, but I think that I was told during the interview that they would let you know where you were ranked on the waiting list. Regardless, you should have a good shot, because they interview a lot of OOS students that will end up going to their state schools.

Yes there are some post dec. 1st interviews at Louisville. The NTBC list is just a waitlist. It is not ranked (which is a bummer so you have no idea where you stand) and I heard that when a spot opens up the committee meets and determines who will get off the NTBC list and offered an acceptance. I have no idea how many acceptances were sent out, I imagine quite a few. From my interview there, it seems like a lot of people were put on the NTBC list as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Congrats to all who got accepted. I got on the "NTBC" list. I was wondering if anyone knew how this list worked. Is Louisville planning on interviewing more people? How many acceptances did they send out on Dec 1st? How many people did they put on the "NTBC" list?

Thanks!

i'm on that list as well.
the following is what I received from louisville.
it seems like i have to wait for the detailed letter to see what's gonna happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in the University of Louisville School of
Dentistry!

After careful evaluation of your application data, the Admissions
Committee of the University of Louisville School of Dentistry finds you
to be qualified and worthy of admittance. Unfortunately, an offer
cannot be made at this time, but you are being placed in the “Next To
Be Contacted” pool.

If you are seriously interested in U of L, you’re in a good position.
A detailed letter will be mailed to you today.

UofL School of Dentistry Admissions Committee
------------------------------------------------------------------

HappyJJun,

I received the same email. I'm not too sure what this detailed letter will consist of. Do you know?

Thanks!

A friend of mine is at ULSD now and I'm pretty sure that she told me that UofL interviews all the way up thru March, maybe even April... I know that they do have post 12/1 interviews bc I have one Fri 12/4... Best luck to all on the NTBC.

Hey All,

Just wanted to let you all know to keep the faith! The NTBC list isn't a black hole and it's definitely possible to get in off of it. I did! Some time around March/April they send out another letter to ask if you would like to stay on that list or if you're no longer interested. By that time other people on the list will have decided to go elsewhere and the list will get smaller. Good luck to you all!

:luck:I will not be taking my spot at Louisville so hopefully a lucky deserving NTBC person will get my spot. Congrats somebody!

Just sent in my "still interested" letter today. I am still holding out hope but I have a feeling the NTBC list is pretty big even though the letter they sent said it is "small and unranked.

does anybody know how many in-state students are waitlisted?

I'm oos and waitlisted at Louisville and UAB. Why do you feel like the list is pretty big? I was feeling pretty good about our chances with the increased class size. I guess that means they could have increased the NTBC list to ensure all seats would be filled.

I'm oos and waitlisted at Louisville and UAB. Why do you feel like the list is pretty big? I was feeling pretty good about our chances with the increased class size. I guess that means they could have increased the NTBC list to ensure all seats would be filled.
Exactly, plus everyone I know that didn't get in on Dec. 1 is on the NTBC list. It seems like Louisville hasn't sent any rejections out but of course this info is based off of SDN, predents, friends etc. It also seems like a lot of oos people are choosing to go with Louisville. Don't get me wrong, I am keeping my hopes up and am really crossing my fingers for Louisville.

Has anyone called them to see how big the NTBC list is? Or when they plan on making any further decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anybody know how many in-state students are waitlisted?

I think the number changes from year to year, but I know at least 10 people on the U of L NTBC list. I heard they interview approximately 100 in state students of those they choose somewhere around 45 applicants. How many people do you know on the NTBC list?

Did anyone on NTBC list get the letter from school via regular mail?

When did you get it??

I only got the email on DEC 1st.

I got it on Saturday and sent the response back on Monday. Good luck!

I called the school this morning and found that they haven't released the amount of people on the NTBC list, though the counselor did say that they only put people on the list that they seriously consider. She also said that the ad committee will meet again in mid-January to fill holes in the class.

I have no idea how big the list is....my rough estimate would probably have to be around 75-100 people (in-state and out-of-state) though I have no evidence of that at all.

I need to know soon...my mental state is slowly deteriorating.

it was my impression that pretty much everyone not accepted or rejected is on NTBC list. Obviously list will shorten itself as time goes by as many people on it have been accepted somewhere else and will put hefty deposits by Jan 15 at those places. Hopefully due to increased number of OOS seats ilots of people will get calls

bumping the thread....
there are couple posters on predents with post Dec interviews so there more interviews...
last year waitlisted people on predents - all seems went somewhere else
old posts from last year sound like most NTBC people did not hear from Louisville...
hmm... does not look a good....
anyone with recent news? not that we could go by last year numbers totally since they have changed... but still... how full is class usually by Jan 15? are any NTBC people could actually hear anything after Jan 15 or nothing until all interviews are done which means what- end of Feb?
I remember them saying something to the extent ULSD is not going to send acceptances to fill the class Dec 1...

I wouldnt worry yet if I were in your position. Its not a great spot to be in as well, I understand that, as I am on a waitlist at a school I really liked but since they increased the class size to 120 and those extra 40 spots are all out of state, Im sure there will be some movement on the waitlist. Remember, a lot of people will choose their instate school over oos schools and there are 80 oos spots. Hang in there!

I will be withdrawing my acceptance (OOS) within the next couple of days. Definitely a great school, and I hope someone off of the NTBC appreciates getting the open seat. Good luck to everyone.

I will be withdrawing my acceptance (OOS) tomorrow. Awesome school and it took me awhile to definitely make a solid decision. Hope this helps someone out on the NTBC list. Good luck guys!

Does anyone know when Louisville sends out their next round of acceptances? The pink form we had to send back to U of L said our transcripts must be submitted to AADSAS before February 1, so does that mean they won't be filling open seats until after Feb. 1? Thanks!

has anyone heard when they are meeting to make the 2nd round decision? Or when they will be notifying those who are accepted?

has anyone heard when they are meeting to make the 2nd round decision? Or when they will be notifying those who are accepted?
I heard that they were meeting on Jan. 15th, but I haven't heard anything about a notification for acceptance yet.

I'm in-state and also on the NTBC List. I called about 2 weeks ago and they were supposed to be meeting in 2-3 weeks. However, I don't know if you'll even receive an email stating you didn't get in on the second round or not. It might be a ranked list that comes out and spots that become open are filled in order. A ranked list with a number beside my name sounds a lot better than the mystery title of "NTBC". I know this waiting game has gone on long enough! lol.

Bump.

Does anyone placed on this list hear any updates from louisville yet? when does Louisville send the second round of acceptance?

I am in state, and I am on the list as well. I have not heard anything. I have called the school, but have not confirmed when any second round notices will be forthcoming. Has anyone else found anything from the school?

My buddy called and they said it will stilll be a couple more weeks until they send out more acceptances. I just withdrew from the waitlist so hopefully that helps someone out.

So I was just getting caught up with my Predents.com and checked out Louisville. I saw that about 20 people were rejected on Feb 2nd. Can anyone verfiy this... I talked to Robin Benningfield on Monday (I am in-state and on the NTBC) and she confirmed that they have NOT given out any acceptances since Dec 1st.

I was just wondering how these people were notified of their rejection and if anything changed on their status?

I was also looking on pre-dents and I only clicked on a handful of those who were rejected Feb. 2, but every person I clicked on did not interview prior to being rejected. So my guess would be... they are done interviewing and are rejecting those who have not interviewed. So unfortunately it doesn't seem like Louisville has made further decisions from the NTBC pool.

Does anyone got acceptance from louisville waitlist? It's seems like they are not accepting anyone from NTBC pool

Im on the NTBC list also. I have called a few times. Basically they cant tell me much but I did get this out of them. Probably a no brainer though. The NTBC list is divided up in to 2 by In state Out Of State. So if an IS accepted applicant withdraws an IS on the NTBC list will take that seat. Same for OS. Since there are more OS seat it seems more likely that people from that list will get in first. I am hoping to God that I get into this school. Im OS and they called me a few weeks ago. Woke me up 6:30 am, Im in AZ. I recognized the area code and thought it was "The Call" I'd been waiting for. Sadly it was only to make sure I wanted to remain on the NTBC list. Bummer.

Im losing hope though. As time passes it seems less and less likely someone will move schools. :xf: Hoping though.

Didn't u send a email back to Louisville regards NTBC list last week?
I am also on that list but i did not get the CALL. hmm...

Im on the NTBC list also. I have called a few times. Basically they cant tell me much but I did get this out of them. Probably a no brainer though. The NTBC list is divided up in to 2 by In state Out Of State. So if an IS accepted applicant withdraws an IS on the NTBC list will take that seat. Same for OS. Since there are more OS seat it seems more likely that people from that list will get in first. I am hoping to God that I get into this school. Im OS and they called me a few weeks ago. Woke me up 6:30 am, Im in AZ. I recognized the area code and thought it was "The Call" I'd been waiting for. Sadly it was only to make sure I wanted to remain on the NTBC list. Bummer.

Im losing hope though. As time passes it seems less and less likely someone will move schools. :xf: Hoping though.

Yeah they sent the email too, a few days later. Man I was bummed. Talk about getting your hopes up.

I just sent in my U of L resignation for my seat the other day! hope that helps someone!

Hello,
I'm on the waiting list for Louisville too. All the info are from 7 years ago. Is the process still the same though? Anyone has an update?

I'm losing it

I got waitlisted here and another school within 10 minutes of each other. Crazy how much I was looking forward to today and how quick your dreams can be crushed.

Reactions: 1 user