Love Letters to Residency Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joetrue

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just interviewed at what will probably end up being #1 on my rank list. What's the best way to reach our and show interest in the program? I plan on writing thank you notes to the faculty members who interviewed me, but that seems kind of standard and not necessarily like a great way to stand out from other interviewees? Any suggestions?

I'm applying for pediatrics, if that matters.

Members don't see this ad.

So I just interviewed at what will probably end up being #1 on my rank list. What's the best way to reach our and show interest in the program? I plan on writing thank you notes to the faculty members who interviewed me, but that seems kind of standard and not necessarily like a great way to stand out from other interviewees? Any suggestions?

I'm applying for pediatrics, if that matters.

Email the PD and tell him/her their program is your top choice. Then when interview season is over tell them they are still your top choice. I did that for my top peds program last year and it worked out well for me. Best of luck!