OneLove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Status
I just looked at my transcript from C.W. Post ( i took a high school calc program at my HS through this school which gaveme 8 calc credits) and I've discovered that my gpa was only about a 3.3 overall between calc 1 and calc 2. I didnt take this class or high school in general seriously and I'm sort of stuck in a position where I'm not sure what to do. I didnt realize that this class would have an impact in my post HS career. This is obviously a dent in my gpa. Would it be wise to retake this class?

Rzarecta

Premed 2: Electric Bugalo
10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
OneLove said:
I just looked at my transcript from C.W. Post ( i took a high school calc program at my HS through this school which gaveme 8 calc credits) and I've discovered that my gpa was only about a 3.3 overall between calc 1 and calc 2. I didnt take this class or high school in general seriously and I'm sort of stuck in a position where I'm not sure what to do. I didnt realize that this class would have an impact in my post HS career. This is obviously a dent in my gpa. Would it be wise to retake this class?

Okay...explain again? Are you saying that for your 8 credits you have a 3.3 or are you saying that due to these 8 credits you have an overall cum of 3.3? If your situation is the 1st, then don't bother taking again unless you really have the time since both grades are going to show up on your AMCAS. But please clarify so I can hopefully give a better answer.

OP
O

OneLove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Status
the gpa between calc I and calc II end up to be a 3.3. My cumulative so far ( from my last univeristy) is a 3.74. I should be getting a 3.9 - 4 this semester.

I'm so angry at myself. I could've gotten a 4.0 in this class if I had just taken it seriously. I didn't know it would hurt me in any way. Oh well..

Rzarecta

Premed 2: Electric Bugalo
10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
OneLove said:
the gpa between calc I and calc II end up to be a 3.3. My cumulative so far ( from my last univeristy) is a 3.74. I should be getting a 3.9 - 4 this semester.

I'm so angry at myself. I could've gotten a 4.0 in this class if I had just taken it seriously. I didn't know it would hurt me in any way. Oh well..

Okay, definately don't retake it!! Your GPA is great right now, and it seems that it is going to get even better. I would avoid the Calc retake first because you haven't done horribly in it (some may say that you actually did pretty decently) and also such an action could just be seen as pretentious and GPA-obsessed. Right now I would say that academics is a major strength! Get good MCATs, have great ECs and you're gonna be a killer applicant.

Will Ferrell

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2004
Status
OneLove said:

God, you're sweating over two B+s? Weak.

icebrat001

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2005
Arizona
Status
Other Health Professions Student
OneLove said:

Are you serious! :rolleyes:

You GPA is fine, even with the B's from Calc.

Work on your EC's. It's not the end of the world. Some people would die for a 3.74.

OP
O

OneLove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Status
I haven't taken any premed classes yet. I'm taking them next year that is why I am worried. I am expecting my gpa to drop a little compared to what it is now. I'm not one of those grade crazy types usually, sorry if I came off that way.