LOW DAT chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparkle222

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been patiently waiting to hear back, but I haven't heard back from any schools yet. My DAT score is 18AA 20PAT, 3.8 GPA. What do you think my chances are?

Members don't see this ad.

18AA is pretty low but your GPA is good. What was your TS and what schools are you thinking about applying to? Do you have any good EC's?

Thanks for your response :) My TS is 18 as well. I am applying to all the schools in CA, and a couple out of state. My EC's are involvements are way above average.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, 18 AA is pretty low. I'd recommend you keep on studying for the DAT and plan to retake as you wait for an interview this cycle. A higher DAT will most likely increase chances for next cycle. Good luck!

Thanks for your response :) My TS is 18 as well. I am applying to all the schools in CA, and a couple out of state. My EC's are involvements are way above average.
I'd suggest being smarter about schools you apply to because CA schools are hard to get into ya know? Like yes apply to them if you want but also add schools that accept lower DAT's as well. If you have a lot of community service ASDOH would be a good one to add...look at all the private schools and their ranges for DAT's. Are you a URM? Reason I ask is because then you'd be able to add on meharry and howard.

If you applied this cycle and haven't heard back from any schools yet, I'd seriously consider retaking the DAT.

I know it's super easy to tell somebody else to retake the DAT, but with that GPA, I wouldn't let a low DAT hold me back from my chances of admission at cali schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious, how do you know your EC's/involvements are way above average? Not attacking just genuinely curious.

Reactions: 1 user