low gpa advice? Overwhelmed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hiyouhaveniceshoes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm 29, almost 30. I've completed my major in psychology. I've technically been in school since 18, but financial and health issues have made it take a really long time as well as affected my GPA. As of now my cGPA is 3.3. There are huge gaps in the time I've taken my science courses, so I'm sure I'll have to retake them...I also need to up my grades. The last few semesters I've had a steep upward trend.

I was wondering if anyone could offer me advice on what to do to fix this, and if it is realistic of me to expect to do so. What would be my best course of action? Currently I'm working on Physics I, registered for Physics II for the spring semester, and did not file for graduation. Should I file and redo everything in a second BA? Or redo them as I'm doing now?

I guess I've been feeling really defeated lately and want to know if I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

I'm not sure what other info i should include.Thank you in advance, everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Have you set up any sort of timeline? I take it you're going to school part time, and working?

If so, try something like this:
1 year of Bio
1 year Basic Chem
1 year Orgo
1 year math/biochem/cell bio/genetics

Retake any F./D/C science coursework and consider DO schools

If you can just finish, try a post-bac program or SMP.

Just remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Some of my all time best students have been their 30s and 40s.

If health issues are not resolved, they will continue to make your goal problematic.