Low GPA and mediocre MCAT but Succesful Career

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viking69

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the MCAT in August for the second time. The first time was August of 1997 when I received an 18 after not preparing. This time I received a 26. (V 9 PS 8 BS 9) I feel that I can do better if I take it a 3rd time. I think that I can improve another 4 to 6 points. Certainly 2 more in verbal. My GPA is about a 3.0. I have a science GPA of a 3.0 but my grades since graduate school average about 3.5. I have 2 undergrads- finance and economics at the University of South Florida . Two masters - MBA (Baylor University) and MILR (Cornell University). I am 30 and make six figures a year and I have worked as a consultant at multiple Fortune 100 companies. I really want to be a doctor. How do you all feel about my chances? If I go to Saba in the Carribean will I not be accepted by the medical profession in the US? In other words, will I have trouble getting a good residency if I have good grades and good USMLE scores but graduated from the Carribean?

Members don't see this ad.

Before you decide on Carib School, you should really consider D.O. schools. If you want to go into primary care, D.O. is a great option. Check out more on SDN's Osteopathic info stuff or even check out the website: http://www.aoa-net.org to learn more.

man if youre making 6 digits but still are willing to put yourself through 7-11 years of beatings then the consulting profession must really really suck hard