Low GPA.. any tips to strengthen application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

foreverlearner02

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im a sophomore and I have a low GPA..meaning under a 3.0. I know the next to years I have to ace basically everything but besides that…what do you guys suggest to strengthen my applications? I have all my observation hours completed.

Are there certain jobs you suggest? or certain experiences you suggest so i can write them on my resume? All ideas are welcome!!!
 
I was in your shoes, and graduated with a 2.7, but I am currently taking CC classes and retaking my prereqs and will probably have over a 3.0 by the next cycle. Make sure to get your observation hours in both inpatient and outpatient and score high on that GRE!
 
If you haven't already, be sure to focus on your pre-req courses. A high pGPA can help shadow a low cGPA. Also, a high GRE score will boost your application power significantly. The other aspects you listed such as experience and observation hours will boost your application in some regard, but nothing compared to GPA and GRE.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As this point, for you, focus on grades and GRE prep. Focus on acing your classes. I wouldn't worry about much else for the next year. You need all energy on those grades.
 
Search the forums, there are dozens of excellent threads on this subject that will give you a lot of good advice. This comes up almost every day on here lately, so there's a lot already out there.