Low GPA but upper trend, do I have a chance at good public pharmacy schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ysp2918tx

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at which pharmacy schools to apply to with my current GPA of 2.9~3.0.
I didn't do well at my first college where I got dismissed (<1.0 gpa).
Then at a CC I got an A.S. with 3.7 gpa, and at a current school I I'm getting A's in upper level science courses with 3.6 gpa. I've built good relationships with my professors and did various EC including research experience. If I score 85+ on the PCAT and apply early, do I have a shot at these schools?

SUNY Buffalo
U of Maryland
U of Colorado
Purdue

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm looking at which pharmacy schools to apply to with my current GPA of 2.9~3.0.
I didn't do well at my first college where I got dismissed (<1.0 gpa).
Then at a CC I got an A.S. with 3.7 gpa, and at a current school I I'm getting A's in upper level science courses with 3.6 gpa. I've built good relationships with my professors and did various EC including research experience. If I score 85+ on the PCAT and apply early, do I have a shot at these schools?

SUNY Buffalo
U of Maryland
U of Colorado
Purdue

Not sure about SUNY Buffalo, U of COL or Purdue - no experience with applying to those three. But U. of MD. YES! Their class size is huge! ~265-300 students accepted per year. I think half the applications get an interview invitation, maybe more.

Not sure about SUNY Buffalo, U of COL or Purdue - no experience with applying to those three. But U. of MD. YES! Their class size is huge! ~265-300 students accepted per year. I think half the applications get an interview invitation, maybe more.
Do you know if U of Maryland offer any financial aid to out of state students?