Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Low GPA but upper trend, do I have a chance at good public pharmacy schools?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by ysp2918tx, Aug 17, 2015.

1. ysp2918tx

ysp2918tx Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Dental
    Hi, I'm looking at which pharmacy schools to apply to with my current GPA of 2.9~3.0.
    I didn't do well at my first college where I got dismissed (<1.0 gpa).
    Then at a CC I got an A.S. with 3.7 gpa, and at a current school I I'm getting A's in upper level science courses with 3.6 gpa. I've built good relationships with my professors and did various EC including research experience. If I score 85+ on the PCAT and apply early, do I have a shot at these schools?

SUNY Buffalo
    U of Maryland
    U of Colorado
    Purdue

2. RxStudentatUB

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Not sure about SUNY Buffalo, U of COL or Purdue - no experience with applying to those three. But U. of MD. YES! Their class size is huge! ~265-300 students accepted per year. I think half the applications get an interview invitation, maybe more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    ysp2918tx

ysp2918tx Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Dental
    Do you know if U of Maryland offer any financial aid to out of state students?