1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Low GPA but upper trend, do I have a chance at good public pharmacy schools?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by ysp2918tx, Aug 17, 2015.

1. ysp2918tx

ysp2918tx Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Dental
    Hi, I'm looking at which pharmacy schools to apply to with my current GPA of 2.9~3.0.
    I didn't do well at my first college where I got dismissed (<1.0 gpa).
    Then at a CC I got an A.S. with 3.7 gpa, and at a current school I I'm getting A's in upper level science courses with 3.6 gpa. I've built good relationships with my professors and did various EC including research experience. If I score 85+ on the PCAT and apply early, do I have a shot at these schools?

SUNY Buffalo
    U of Maryland
    U of Colorado
    Purdue

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RxStudentatUB

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Not sure about SUNY Buffalo, U of COL or Purdue - no experience with applying to those three. But U. of MD. YES! Their class size is huge! ~265-300 students accepted per year. I think half the applications get an interview invitation, maybe more.

4. ysp2918tx

ysp2918tx Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Dental
    Do you know if U of Maryland offer any financial aid to out of state students?