Low GPA: Early Decision or Just Apply Early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SloanTriumph

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My GPA is a 3.15. Last application season I applied to 10 schools, got waitlisted to 4, and was never taken off the waitlist. This application season I want to use early decision to my advantage but it doesnt seem like it is beneficial to someone with a low gpa. I also remember reading that applying early was always beneficial. Should I shoot for Early decision? Any recommendations on an ED school for someone with a low GPA?


Also, whats stopping me from just submitting everything early? Would it be smarter for me to forgo ED and just apply to all my schools way before deadline?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
 
Well, I wasn't able to apply for early decision at any school I was interested in because they required a GPA of 3.5 or higher...so check if there are any requirements. There aren't any negatives if you don't get accepted in early decision, as your application will just move to the pool of all the regular applications. I applied in early August just because I wanted everything done ASAP, and also I had a few schools that did rolling admissions so earlier was definitely better. There's no need to submit any later than you need to.
 
Can a student with GPA of 2.9 in BA with some PT prerequisites apply for PT school? Do PT school accept these kinds of application? Will joining PTA before applying PT helps to get in PT program?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can a student with GPA of 2.9 in BA with some PT prerequisites apply for PT school? Do PT school accept these kinds of application? Will joining PTA before applying PT helps to get in PT program?


Have you looked at any requirements for any specific schools? Or searched on the forums at all? All schools have a minimum GPA that they require, along with the specific courses required, and the number of courses that must be completed before you can even be considered. No, getting your PTA, or getting a masters, will not really help you get into PT school. Retake classes to improve your GPA and finish your pre-reqs. Also look through all the forums. There's a ton of useful advice, and many have asked these questions already.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/frequently-asked-questions.1141753/